New York, New York / ------------ / ------------
George Mason University (Fairfax, Virginia) December 2018
Bachelor of Arts, Global Affairs Magna Cum Laude, 3.89 GPA
• Concentration in Asia, Minor in Mandarin Chinese
• Study abroad summer semester in Beijing, China
• Advanced coursework: Globalization in Asia, Global Conflict Analysis and Resolution, International Economic Policy, Chinese Literature, Modern Chinese History, Traditional Chinese History, Advanced Mandarin
Skills and Certifications
• Intermediate/professional proficiency of written and oral Simplified Mandarin Chinese and Spanish
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Holistic research, analysis, and writing skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
• George Mason University Global Affairs Certificate of Merit
• George Mason University Dean’s List – Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018, Fall 2018
• George Mason University Department of Modern and Classical Languages - Certificate of Excellence in Intermediate Chinese
• Radford University: Dean Scholarship for Academics; Academic Excellence Scholarship; Honors Society; Dean Scholar
CrossFit East River (New York, New York) June 2019 – Present
Head Coach, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
• Lead group fitness classes with emphasis on safety and correct form in CrossFit movements.
• Council clients one-on-one regarding fitness goals, nutrition concerns, accountability, and more.
Chinese Summer Camp (Leesport, Pennsylvania) Summer 2011, 2012
• Taught Mandarin Chinese to about 60 children grades K-5 during a one-week day camp.
• Co-developed cultural activity, craft, lesson, and plan for each day alongside the leader of the camp.
• Was responsible for one group of about 15 children to rotate through daily activities while teaching Mandarin.
Youth Field Hockey (Leesport, Pennsylvania) June-October 2011, 2012
• Coached field hockey skills to about 15 children grades 1-2 for one hour per session, twice a week.