Admitted to the State Bar of California. (December 3, 2015)
Admitted to the United States District Court for the Central District of California. (December 11, 2015)
MovoCash, Inc. Palo Alto, CA
General Counsel May 2019 - Present
• Serve as legal counsel for a finance technology company handling all legal matters and key business transactions.
• Negotiate and prepare a wide variety of agreements such as NDAs, service agreements, vendor agreements, convertible notes, payment processing agreements, licensing agreements, commercial leases, termination agreements, and sponsorship agreements as well as legal correspondences.
• Handle all corporate governance matters such as stock and option grants, board resolutions, stockholder agreements, amendments, and meeting minutes.
• Implemented several documents and agreements relating to employee matters such as confidentiality agreements, arbitration agreements, severance agreements, and employee handbook.
• Research and counsel various departments on regulatory laws and agencies such as Reg. E, OFAC, and the CFPB.
• Communicate and collaborate with outside counsel on matters relating to intellectual property, litigation, and compliance.
• Draft internal policies and procedures relating to business operations, human resources, and compliance.
JH Capital Group Woodland Hills, CA
Corporate Counsel February 2018 - April 2019
• Served as legal counsel for JH Capital Group and its subsidiaries engaged in the business of financial services, real estate, software, and other technologies.
• Drafted and negotiated a wide variety of agreements such as PSAs, NDAs, service agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, software reseller agreements, commercial leases, finance agreements, assignments, security agreements, loan agreements, pledge agreements, and convertible notes.
• Counseled and advised clients on existing and potential issues relating to potential transactions and business operations and propose solutions and appropriate courses of action.
• Counseled compliance department and other departments on legal issues relating to regulatory statutes or agencies such as the FDCPA, FCRA, OFAC, TCPA, CFPB, GLB Act, TILA, and the FTC.
• Engaged in corporate due diligence, formation, and governance. Drafted corporate documents, including without limitation, articles of incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and board resolutions.
• Managed the companies’ insurance applications and policies to ensure proper coverage based on operations and property.
• Handled certain intellectual property matters such as trademark applications and licensing agreements.
• Researched and drafted memoranda on various areas of the law such as the California Consumer Privacy Act and the E.U.’s GDPR.
Abraham and Kevork, LLC (Legal department of Upfront, Inc.) Newport Beach, CA
Associate General Counsel; Compliance Director February 2016- November 2017
• Served as Associate General Counsel for holding company Upfront, Inc., and its subsidiaries, notably, Beachside Recovery, LLC and Sobertec, LLC. Served as compliance director on all licensure, certification, and regulatory matters. Served as lead attorney on all matters pertaining to real estate.
• Negotiated, drafted, revised, and/or reviewed commercial and residential leases, including triple net commercial leases, PSAs, loan documents, deeds, title reports, and lease termination agreements.
• Reviewed and revised marketing material for compliance and proof-editing purposes.
• Researched local zoning ordinances and municipal codes to ensure compliance. Researched requirements for special use and conditional use permits.
• Reviewed and revised marketing content to ensure accurate representations.
• Worked directly with CEO and CFO on matters pertaining to the companies, including legal and operational.
• Successfully negotiated the recovery on deposits totaling $84,900 on failed purchase transactions.
Shafron and Kammer, LLP Encino, CA
Associate Attorney December 2015 – February 2016
Law Clerk December 2013 - December 2015
• Served as Law Clerk and, upon admittance to the California Bar, Associate Attorney, at a real estate law firm representing clients in both transactional and litigation matters.
• Represented clients in real estate transactional matters, primarily concentrated on protecting the interests of landowners in commercial leases (including triple net leases for retail shopping centers), as well as purchase and sale agreements, tenant estoppels, construction bridge loans, and loan document review.
• Successfully negotiated several commercial leases with corporate tenants that resulted in multi-year, six-figure deals on retail shopping locations.
• Negotiated and drafted settlement agreements; drafted discovery requests and pleadings.
• Communicated with clients and opposing counsel regarding case status.
• Researched and drafted memoranda for partners on various areas of the law, including without limitation, CEQA, ADA, easements, mechanics liens, and construction defects.
------------ Los Angeles, CA
Founder and Webmaster January 2013 – October 2014
• Developed review website for LSAT preparation courses.
• Drafted articles of interest relating to law schools and LSAT prep courses until sale of website in October 2014.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA
Juris Doctor, May 2015
Activities: Corporate Law Society, Founder and President (2012 – 2015)
University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, June 2011
Honors: Dean’s List (Spring 2011); Recipient of 2009 San Fernando Valley Bar Association Scholarship.
Additional Certification/Licensure: HIPAA; California Real Estate Salesperson (license number 02079533).
Interests: Reading, trail running, and current events.
lawyer, law, counsel, corporate, legal, transactions, negotiations, contracts