------------ | +1 ------------ | ------------
Full time Co-Op/Internship in Robotics with focus on Machine Learning Available Spring and Summer 2020
Rochester Institute of Technology, Expected May 2020
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering – Robotics CGPA 3.94/4
PSG College of Technology, Anna University Aug 2012 – May 2016
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication CGPA 7.6/10
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Languages & Frameworks: Intermediate: C, C++, Python, Matlab
Beginner: ROS, OpenCV, Scikit learn, Machine Learning, SLAM
Tools: Beginner: Eclipse IDE, Jupyter Notebook, GitHub
Platforms: Intermediate: Linux
Certifications: Oracle 11g Database SQL Fundamentals 1Z0-051, IBM Websphere MQ V8
Amigobot Target Detection and Autonomous Navigation (ROS, Python) (Oct 2018 – Dec 2018)
• Target detection is done using pixy camera and the image is processed in Arduino microcontroller
• The distance data (distance between target and the pixy camera) is published as a topic to the rosmaster(laptop) through the ros node(Raspberry pi). The rosmaster also subscribes odometry readings from the amigobot.
• Autonomous Navigation: Parallel processing of amigobot – moving towards the target by avoiding the obstacles
Collaborative Lego Building with Baxter(ROS, Python, Open CV) (Feb 2019 – April 2019)
• The project aims at Baxter building the Lego structure collaboratively with a human friend.
• The Baxter workspace is determined using the depth camera sensor which gives the 3Dvision
• Based on the prior information of the structure, the Baxter will build the Lego block along with the human friend by deducing the next block it must place in order to complete the structure by implementing visual servoing.
Virtual Numpad Design using EMG Signals (Matlab, LSL, Machine Learning) (Feb 2019 – April 2019)
• This project proposes to build a virtual numpad by monitoring the nuances in movements of hand muscles.
• Myo Arm band captures the EMG signals and the signals are event marked using Lab Stream Layer which inturn imports the data to the matlab where data preprocessing, feature extraction and classification is done.
IBM India Pvt Ltd, Chennai India | Infrastructure Specialist –Middleware Admin (July 2016 – May 2018)
• Deployed and administered applications using Websphere and WebLogic Applications Server. Configured and troubleshooted technical issues related to Oracle, MongoDB, DB2, IBM Cognos, Datastage.
• Familiarity with devops technologies such as Atlassian Jira, Bit Bucket, JFrog Artifactory.
• Undergone Training in Open Systems C++, Java Oops Concept, PL SQL, Perl Scripting Basics, Hadoop Administration
WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTATIONS
• Poster Presentation in “A survey on WSN Based E-Textiles For Medical Applications” in 2014
• Internship in Kakira Sugar Limited, Uganda East Africa(summer 2008): Learnt about sensors and the control systems used in Ash Handling System, Feed Water System, Air Pollution Controls, Bagasse Handling system, 16+ MW double extraction condensing.
• Participated in workshop on “Speech, PC and Internet Controlled Robotics” workshop at Pragyan 2014”, NIT Trichy.
ROS, Gazebo, Raspberry Pi, C++, Arduino