16213 N. 65th Pl. Scottsdale, AZ 85254 ------------ • ------------
Qualified environmental scientist with the strength and passion to positively apply extensive knowledge of natural resource management, adaptive ecosystem planning and sustainable development to work projects. Ex- perienced in conducting detailed field work and data analysis across varied environments. Compassionate team leader with the ability to motivate, foster and manage inter-agency collaboration and cooperation on plans and projects. Avid trail runner and proud Arizona native.
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY, Waco, TX
Bachelor of Arts, May 2019- Overall GPA: 3.65/4.0
Major: Environmental Studies- Concentration: Natural Resource Management
Assistant Manager, Construction/Retail
Dei-zinz LLC. - Scottsdale, AZ
August 2013 - 2015
January - May 2019
• • •
Coordinated deliveries for customers.
Promptly responded to inquiries and requests from customers.
Developed empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding
Environmental Sciences Tutor
Student Athlete Center for Excellence, Baylor University - Waco, TX
• Tutored Baylor University athletes in undergraduate environmental science
President of Baylor Stream Team- Baylor’s Chapter of Texas Stream Team
August 2018 - May 2019 Center for Reservoir and Aquatic Systems Research Baylor University- Waco, TX (Member since January 2018)
• Research oriented club responsible for monthly monitoring of stream sites within Brazos River Basin to track long-term water quality parameters.
• Recorded, analyzed and reported stream status to Texas Stream Team and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
• Responsible for organizing lab and field training days to certify Baylor students as citizen scientists using chemical test kits and Extech meters.
Research Lab Assistant
Dr. Trey Brown - Baylor University - Waco, TX
• Shattered and pressed soil sample pellets for lead level analyzation of
West Dallas, TX Superfund Site.
Texas A&M Urban Riparian Stream Restoration Training Program
Texas A&M AgriLife Research Extension- Lewisville, TX
• Training in riparian corridor restoration, stream classification, and field
August - December 2018
Intensive Field Work for Wildlife Conservation
C..E.L.A. Belize - La Democracia, Belize
• Studied wildlife ecology and conservation of tropical rainforest species and
habitats in Runaway Creek Nature Preserve.
• Trained in collaring and tracking individual tapirs for population surveys.
• Used mist nets for bird banding to study site fidelity of migratory species. Independent Study on North Bosque River, TX
Dr. Larry Lehr- Baylor University- Waco, TX
• Sampled, analyzed, and assessed water quality parameters of Bosque River
to determine the effects of Lake Waco on the river system’s water standards.
• Baylor Buddies - School organization partnered with Communities in Schools
for forming one-on-one mentoring relationships with Baylor students and at-risk
youth within Waco public schools to foster personal and academic success.
• Green Before Gold - School organization dedicated to creating a more
sustainable and environmentally friendly collegiate environment on and surrounding Baylor University’s campus through community outreach projects.
• Water Management and Watershed Management
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
• Field Techniques and Special Field and Laboratory Methodologies
• Wildlife Ecology and Conserving Biodiversity
• Ecosystem Planning and Management
August- December 2018
August 2015- May 2018 January- May 2018
• Proficient Use of Field Equipment: Extech, SonTek Flow Tracker, YSI Multiparameter Sondes
• Computer Skills: GIS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
• Data Analysis and Infographic Interpretation
• Detail-Oriented Analytical Reasoning and Writing
• Strong Leadership and Decision Making Capabilities
• Long-Term Project Planning and Management
• Bookkeeping and Time Management: Data Management, Project Work Logs
• Able to Operate Under Pressure
• Creativity: Persuasive Speaking and Design Skills from Research and Organization Presentations
CERTIFICATIONS AND HONORS
• Certified Phase III Water Quality Monitor and Certified in Macroinvertebrate Bioassessment- Texas Stream Team
• 15+ Hours of GIS Professional Development Certifications - ESRI
• Dean’s List Member- Baylor University
• Recipient of Zella B. Faris Scholarship and President’s Gold Scholarship- Baylor University
• Larry Lehr, PhD. - Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Environmental Science: ------------) ------------
• Melissa Mullins - Environmental Education Specialist (CRASR): ------------) ------------
• Trey Brown, PhD. - Lecturer, Dept. of Environmental Science: ------------) ------------
environmental science, water management, natural resource management, GIS, Field Tech