RACHEL E. BURGESS
Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
Bachelor of Arts in History, May 2018
Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0
Honors: cum laude
Dean’s List, Winter 2015, Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018
Thesis: “The Great Terror: A Reaction the Economic and Social Chaos of the 1920s-1930s”
Development Assistant Dallas, Texas
Dallas Holocaust Museum May 2019‒Present
• Produce personalized donor acknowledgment letters using Patron Manager, Excel, and mail merge.
• Manage direct mail campaigns and assist with donor and prospect communications.
• Clean data, run reports, enter and export data, and assist with organization-wide conversion from Raiser’s Edge to Patron Manager.
• Process gifts, produce daily “money-in”/financial report.
Development and Event Planning Intern Dallas, Texas
Dallas Holocaust Museum September 2018‒May 2019
• Updated and maintained constituent records in donor database, ensuring integrity of data.
• Prepared mass mailings and assisted with donor and marketing communications, i.e. calls and materials.
• Cultivated relationships with visitors, solicited memberships, provided timely and friendly assistance to guests, and staffed outreach events.
• Provided clerical and administrative support to Manager of Membership and Analytics, Gift Administrator, and Executive Assistant to the CEO, i.e. prepared agendas and meeting materials for board and executive committee meetings, drafted and proofed correspondences, designed thank you notes, preformed data entry, conducted research, filed, printed, and scanned materials.
• Developed streamlined grant management/filing system, digitized files.
• Provided administrative and logistical support for fundraising and special events.
• Trained incoming interns.
Church of the Incarnation September 2018‒May 2019
• Managed registration and sign-in for Adult Formation classes, provided technical assistance to visitors.
• Assisted Outreach department with general administrative duties, developed communications plan to recruit volunteers and market upcoming events.
Dining Hall Assistant New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
New Wilmington Mission Conference July 2016
• Greeted and served meals to conference participants in timely and friendly manner, bussed tables and moved dirty dishes through industrial dishwasher efficiently, ensured cleanup of dining room.
• Answered customer questions and resolved complaints calmly and professionally.
Circulation and Collections Management Assistant Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Clifford E. Barbour Library May‒August 2015
• Managed book returns and check-outs, maintained inventory of books, processed gift books, identified missing books, and completed data entry projects.
• Greeted visitors and provided excellent customer service to guests.
Languages: Spanish proficiency, Basic Russian proficiency
Computer: General proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), G Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Patron Manager, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact
Administrative Support, Customer Service, Writing, Proofreading, Editing