ADDRESS: 150, Leeward Glenway
Apartment 302, M3C2Y9, Canada
I am a fresh graduate in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering from University of Toronto. I have rich
industrial experience of 3 years with patent projects in Operations and Procurement. Also, I am
Project Management Professional certified by PMI and Six Sigma Blackbelt certified by ASQ. Currently
pursuing APICS CPIM certification. Experienced in leading and facilitating manufacturing continuous
improvement initiatives by working closely with cross functional team.
July 2016 – July 2018
Assistant Manager – Operations and Procurement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Commodity Management role for Wire harness and Cable commodity.
- Achieve target using various negotiation levers like e-sourcing, alternate sourcing, tactical
- Developing long term strategies, develop pre-negotiation plans, leverage analytical
capabilities to normalize data and identify discrete savings opportunities.
- Cross functional involvement in various localization projects for cable assemblies.
- Close coordination with Procurement Team & Vendors against demand of long lead time
items to streamline supplies.
- Support various internal customers, Product & Sales team to win big orders at bidding stage.
- Involved a lot of supplier hand-holding on quality & deliveries.
- Keeping a close tab of market commodity index.
- Maintaining and controlling quality standards and plans to check all activities at the supplier
and manufacturing plant.
- Identifying and mentoring quality improvement projects by Lean Six Sigma methodology.
resulting in cost reduction, productivity improvement.
- Develop new and continuously improve existing manufacturing processes operations using
- Development of standard operating procedure and formulate the execution validation
protocols as per established standards, policies.
- Resolve deviations pertaining to NCR, provide corrective actions, customer deviation
request and field observation request.
- Customer complaint analysis by six sigma approach.
- Lead the supplier development and quality improvement projects.
- Working closely with QMS and adhere to quality standards.
- Monitoring in-process and final inspection of products.
- Develop test equipment’s/jigs for efficient quality testing and improve manufacturing
Six Sigma Project: Reduce the refrigerant leakage issue in Thermal Management products by 15%
- Developed the business case and benefits management plan with project sponsor and PMO.
- Developed the project charter and problem statement to implement Six sigma project.
- Identified key stakeholders and formulated communication methods.
Developed measurement system analysis and calculated Gauge R&R using Sigma Xl and
preformed process capability study.
- Calculation of defects per unit and defects per million opportunity and rolled throughput
- Refined and analyzed the gas leakages defects and segregated the issues by their
occurrences using pareto charts.
- Conduct brainstorming and brain writing session with Engineering, Product Engineering,
Production, Quality and Supply Chain department.
- Collaborated with manufacturing, production, lean team to identify critical process
parameters and developed mitigation plans.
- Conducted regression analysis and Hypothesis t test using SigmaXl.
- Conducted design of experiments using Sigma Xl.
- Implemented solutions by working closely with cross functional team.
- Development of digital test jig/equipment to improve the testing in quality department.
- Development of standard operating procedure to improve the existing processes.
- Presenting the successful results to higher management.
- Consolidating lessons learned from the project to the lesson learned documentation and
Lead Mechanical Engineer – Research and Development department.
Design of 3x1 40KVA UPS with scope of Value Engineering and Value Analysis.
- Study of 3D model of UPS, to deduce the scope of value engineering in 40KVA UPS
fabricated by Emerson Network Power.
- Developed project development lifecycle from its conception to production at Emerson.
- Used Solidworks for Redesigning the 3D model using Value Engineering and Value Analysis
- Conducted stress and modal analysis using Ansys.
- Design of printed circuit board and monitoring the process of manufacturing of printed
circuit board for switch board and bridge board assembly.
- Used Microsoft Visio for drafting electrical wiring diagram.
- Conduct gate reviews with Operations, Production, Quality, Manufacturing, Testing and
Strategic scouring team.
- Conducted DFMEA study.
- Release BOM, 3D model and drawings to the manufacturing team.
- Collaborated with manufacturing, production, lean team to perform PFMEA.
- Work closely with service team to provide support at customer end.
August 2015- June 2015
Mechanical Engineer – Manufacturing engineering department
Improvement of run time and actual productivity of valve fabrication department by 10%
- Conducted method and work study to understand the working on shop floor.
- Calculation of actual and run time productivity.
- Design and development of store with keys for CNC machining.
- Implementation of Kaizen for lean manufacturing to improve efficiency.
- Development of software using oracle to keep track of machining key equipment used in
- Conducted training of the operators to use the developed software with efficiency.
- Developed Universal logic program for CNC machines- SMED, NIGATA.
University of Toronto
St- George, Canada
Master’s Degree-Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing.
- Data Analytics.
2012 - 2016
Bachelor’s Degree- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Material engineering
Research Paper- Sustainable development of products using Remanufacturing- ASME, ICMEM
- Remanufacturing of End-of-life product and its stages.
- Elements and key challenges in demand and supply, product acquisition management,
product life cycle and reverse logistics.
- Remanufacturing of bearings at TIMKEN, South Carolina is studied for reference and
improvements in processes in inspection of cores, disassembly, polishing, grindings, gauging,
assembly and final inspection stages are suggested.
- These techniques can used as references to the industries with guidance in deciding and
understanding needs of remanufactured product in present complex market scenario.
Design and Manufacturing of ATV
Position: Transmission Head
- Recruit and manage a team of 15 members.
- Dividing the team into sub teams according to the vehicle sub system and members choice.
- Set Performance targets for each team to achieve.
- Disciplined working of the team to complete the design and fabrication on time
- Led the Transmission and Powertrain teams.
- Designed the transmission in SOLIDWORKS using CVT and chain and sprocket.
- Performed G4 stress analysis in ANSYS to account for front and rear impact.
- Performed product validation and verification
- Installed CVT in the vehicle which increased the velocity.
- Reduced weight and acceleration time of ATV.
Research Paper- Optimization of Surface Roughness by Taguhci’s Method
- Minitab, SigmaXL,
- Solid works, Solid edge, Ansys, PTC Creo, AutoCAD.
- MATLAB, Scilab
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project.
- Python, SQL, Tableau.