+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx; xxx-xxx-xxxx/in/amit-mutgi ; xxx-xxx-xxxx;
Dallas, Texas | xxx-xxx-xxxx!/
The University of Texas at Dallas May 2020
M.S., Information Technology and Management (Dean’s Excellence Scholarship Award)
Visvesvaraya Technological University July 2015
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics & Communication
TECHNICAL SKILLS & RELEVANT COURSEWORK
Languages: R, SQL, Python, PLSQL, Java, Java Script, C, HTML/CSS.
Tools: Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, R Studio, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, SVN, Github.
SAP Tools: SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, Lumira, SAP Crystal Reports.
Coursework: Business Analysis with R, Data Visualization, Business Data Warehousing, Statistics and Data Analysis, Data Management.
Oracle Financial Services Software (Wells Fargo), Bangalore, India Mar 2016 – July 2018
Associate Application Developer
• Developed RTGS, ACH & Single Payment modules of Oracle's FLEXCUBE Payments & designed appropriate fix for the issues raised using MySQL server and Oracle SQL server.
• Supervised a team of 4 people to manage, operate and create automation scripts of payment modules which improved the accuracy by 80%.
• Performed Quality Analysis of SWIFT, RTGS, C2B (Consumer to Business) and domestic low value payment modules.
Informac, Data Science Challenge – Winner Mar 2019- Apr 2019
• Predicted the health scores of restaurants in Los Angeles county dataset with over 200,000 records using random forest regression with an accuracy of 94.32%.
• Analyzed the patterns in terms of how health scores of restaurants change over time
• Discovered that the location of the restaurant, date of inspection, census tracts, board approved statistical area and major critical violations like permit suspension, adequate handwashing facilities, clean and sanitized food contact surfaces are key factors for health scores of restaurants.
LINKViz 1.0, Data Visualization Challenge – Finalist Feb 2019 – Mar 2019
• Analyzed Vanilla production worldwide to identify relationship and trends in the yield of vanilla with regional weather conditions and average price over a span of 56 years.
• Created a deep dive model to allow the user to interact with the dashboard using Tableau.
Movie Box office predictions Mar 2019 - Present
• Forecasted box office performance of movies for the year 2019 based on 20 years of historical data.
• Feature engineered parameters such as genre, movie ratings, movie cast, budget, plots, nominations, and awards to fit the model. Employed Random Forest Regressor to estimate the box office collection with an accuracy of 86.3%.
Analysis of Natural Disasters affecting ExxonMobil Jan 2019 – Feb 2019
• Used Visualization to find top 4 natural disasters affecting ExxonMobil refinery in USA between 2004-2015.
• Created multi – maps of the top 4 disasters and displayed all the maps in the form of a story using Tableau.
Time Series Analysis of Bitcoin prices using R Sep 2018 – Dec 2018
• Analyzed patterns in bitcoin prices in the last 10 years and used time series analysis to forecast the patterns in prices for the successive 30-day period using ARIMA models and forecasting.
• Constructed the best fit time series bitcoin price model using ARIMA principles and concluded that the excessive number of spikes in the periodogram showed seasonality in the data.
LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONS
Data Science Club, UTD – General Secretary