CRIMINAL JUSTICE/ BACHELOR’S OF SCIENCE
Sam Houston State University, 3.6 GPA
2015 - 2019
Law Office of Ben Abbott PLLC
O5/2018 – 08/2018
• Assisted attorneys by drafting documents to send to medical insurance companies.
• Drafted documents such as: Letter of Protection, Release of Medical Authorization Form (HIPPA).
• Called clients on an everyday basis to gather new medical information in regard to the date of their accident and review any and all medical there may have been on ------------.
• Called a variety of different medical facilities to retrieve medical files relevant to the client’s case.
• Called health insurance companies to request a ledger of medical expenses covered for the client’s accident.
• Along with gathering medical, I provided minimal information to clients regarding their cases status and upcoming court dates.
BENEFITS VERIFICATION & AUTHORIZATION ASSISTANT
Home Health Professionals
12/2017 – 01/2018
• Continuously called different health insurance companies to verify covered benefits for both current and potential patients.
• Followed specific procedures in saving and storing the confidential information of all patients.
• Helped the department by creating employee operation manuals that would save them time when training future employees