162-05 89th Ave Apt 6F | Jamaica, NY 11432 |------------ | ------------
Research Experience in Lab at Pace University under the supervision of
Professor Zafir Buaraei, PhD 10/2016-06/2017
• Recorded notes during meetings.
• Conducted background research for the experiments of the other students.
• Helped the juniors and seniors conduct their experiments in the lab.
• Discussed ideas for new experiments and reviewed what we learned from previous research and labs.
• Acquired knowledge about working in a formal laboratory. Learned how to conduct oneself in the lab.
Research conducted in the following:
• how RNA molecules fold and interact with other RNA, metal ions, and proteins in order to carry out the complex activity of precursor messenger RNA splicing.
• investigating plants or plant products that are reputed to possess psychoactive (eg. sedative, anxiolytic, stimulant) properties.
• Investigating in-vitro and in-vivo fertilization
• Investigating Cancer Research
• Investigating relationships between amino acids, enzymes, and peptide bonds.
• Investigating and analyzing gene expression.
• study the effect of RNA binding proteins
• Analyze the molecular basis of the transcription-coupled RNA
Dr. Virendra Bharel’s Clinic/Office (8801 Parsons Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11432)
• Conducting in-patient care.
• Shadowing a Doctor
• Learning about the common disabilities and illnesses affecting adults.
• Taking vitals of a patient such as blood pressure, weight and height.
• Learning about general medications and what type of medication to give for which illness and the way to tell the proper dose of medication for a patient.
• How to send medication prescriptions to pharmacies.
Dr. Nicasion Arana’s Clinic/Office (8801 Parsons Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11432) 01/2018-Currently
• Conducting in-patient care.
• Shadowing a Doctor.
• How to prepare and proceed to administer a blood test.
• How to properly prepare a syringe and administer a vaccination.
• Take vitals of a patient such as blood pressure, weight and height.
• Take phone calls.
• Making appointments for patients.
• Learned about general medications and what type of medication to give for which illness and the way to tell the proper dose of medication for a patient.
• Learning about cleansing ear through ear irrigation process.
• How to prepare Vaccination Samples and Blood Test/Work Samples for Labs.
• How to properly take weight, height, and temperatures of infants and toddlers.
• How to do a proper Physical for Children and Adolescents.
• How to send medication prescriptions to pharmacies. 01/2018- Currently
Townsend Harris High School Library (149-11 Melbourne Ave, Flushing, NY 11367) 10/2013- 05/2016
• Shelved books
• Conducted inventory and bookkeeping for library books
• Tutored students
• Gave Directions to Students and Guests
Dream SHSI Program (2017 Robert A. Van Wyck , New York) 10/2012- 03/2016
• Worked as a receptionist for the office.
• Conducted bookkeeping and inventory for any supplies or materials required for the classroom and office.
• Used Microsoft Word in order to write reports for the Office and lesson plans and outlines for the classrooms.
• Used Microsoft ExceI for spreadsheets to record data of inventory and student attendance.
• Helped teacher plan/write/conduct lesson plans.
• Tutored Students (in class and after class)
• Conducted review sessions with students (before exams)
City University of New York Hunter College (BA Expected 06/2021) Sophomore Year
MAJOR: PSYCHOLOGY. Concentration in Behavioral Neuroscience.
• Recipient of Excelsior Scholarship
• Emphasis in Chemistry, Calculus, Cognitive Processing, and Behavior and the Brain
Pace University Freshman Year
• Recipient of Scholar's Award Scholarship
• Recipient of Blood Drive Association Scholarship
• Emphasis in Psychology, Precalculus, Advanced Algebra, and Chemistry
• Fluent in Punjabi, Urdu, and Hindi
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Fluent in lab techniques such as staining and chromatography
Administrative and Clerical Experience, Hardworking, Responsible