Bachelors of Science degree in Health Sciences from the University of Nevada, Reno with emphasis in courses such as epidemiology, bioethics, technical writing, and health policy. Successful history of aligning team objectives and being customer-oriented. Innate ability to stay on task and deliver effective solutions to problems. Driven to learn more about the health field, as well as, many others. Completed Emergency Medical Technician course at Sierra College on Dec. 8th 2017 and became a California certified EMT on Jan 19th 2018.
Laboratory Assistant (Feb. 2015 – May 2017)
● Responsible for entering and paying close attention to the details of demographics for patients; communicating and discussing with hospital and clinical staff over the phone concerning laboratory results amongst their patients while carrying strong customer service.
● Understanding the importance of workflow throughout the laboratory, fulfilling the deadlines that needed to be completed each day.
● Delivery and pick up of bio-hazardous materials from patient hospitals and clinics for the importance of diagnosing and surveillance of infectious/communicable diseases.
● Preparing and handling blood specimens for testing as well as sending out newborn screening filter cards through the request of hospitals, clinic, and patients.
● Other Laboratory operations included specimen collections, sample handling, and specimen preparation.
Research Experience (January 2017- May 2017)
● Served as an unpaid intern and worked aside clinical lab scientists
● Created and printed work lists of the patients being tested; learned about the newborn disorders tested, how to run laboratory tests on newborn patient blood specimens, information system procedures, and the essential equipment/duties that they experience throughout their workday.
Snap Fitness Associate (June 2017- March 2018)
● Engage with members and non members on and off the phone to ensure that questions and
concerns are met
● Assure that club rules and safety standards are followed by the members and guests of Snap
● Maintain cleanliness of the gym and assistant members with fitness equipment
● Enter member and guest program/services into the Snap Fitware
● Member sign up
Westmed Ambulance (March 2018- Present)
● Communicated with dispatch to receive call information for patients
● Providing treatment and medical care to patients; proper and quality care given to each patient
● Experience with assessing patient conditions/patient status; obtaining vitals signs, patient medical history, medications, allergies, giving oxygen therapy and applying dressings.
● Completing written and electronic patient care reports for each call during shift.
● Check and record numbers for vehicle and equipment before each shift, making sure that the ambulance is stocked with appropriate supplies before each call.
● Maintaining good relations with coworkers, hospital staff, and other EMS workers.
● CPR/AED certified
● CA Certified Emergency Medical Technician
● Type 50 wpm
● Communicate well in a team environment