Researcher and Educator, Linda Perna, Ph.D.
Highly motivated and driven educator and researcher with strong academic credentials seeking to obtain a position that utilizes my experience in psychological research and working with the mental health population to contribute to quality research and teaching endeavors that promote positive social change.
Ph.D., Psychology with concentration in Social Psychology, GPA: 3.68/4.0
WALDEN UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN (Expected completion: Feb, 2020)
Dissertation title: Need to Belong, Fear of Missing Out, and Social Media: Predictors of Perceived Social Rejection Among College Students.
Committee Chair: Dr. Hedy Dexter
Masters of Science, Psychology with concentration in Social Psychology, GPA: 4.0/4.0
WALDEN UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN (Nov 2015)
Bachelors of Science, Psychology, GPA: 4.0/4.0
WALDEN UNIVERSITY, Minneapolis, MN (2013)
Associates of Arts, Business Administration/Criminal Justice Administration, GPA: 4.0/4.0
AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY, Houston, TX (2010)
MHMR TARRANT COUNTY, Fort Worth, TX
Evaluation Specialist II (2018 to Present)
• Collect data, analyze large datasets from multiple sources, and present research reports for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience working on grant-funded research projects and grant writing
• Mentor research team on interview practices and SPSS data analysis.
• Conduct fidelity evaluations for treatment provider teams.
• Establish and cultivate relationships with mental health clients to encourage participation in longitudinal research.
• Collaborate with various multiple teams to help keep research goals on track, while maintaining at least a 95% interview rate.
KLEAR CONSULTING, Virtual
Teaching Assistant, Virtual (2013 to 2014)
• Directed weekly classroom discussions and activities via Blackboard and Canvas.
• Managed virtual classrooms for up to 30 students per course.
• Coordinated with virtual teams to provide an efficient, student-centered learning environment.
• Developed course syllabi, lesson plans, and exam questions, and graded weekly assignments.
• Served as a student advisor providing guidance, mentorship, and substantive feedback to students regarding their academic performance and professional development.
JOHN PETER SMITH HOSPITAL, Fort Worth, TX
Behavioral Health Technician (2016 to Present)
• Deliver individual and group age appropriate developmental and psychosocial supervision, support, and treatment consistent with established objectives to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
• Identify and report any pertinent behavioral, medical, and/or psychosocial data to the physician, RN, and/or Social Worker.
• Assist with triage assessment, safety search, and administering emergency medicine, seclusion, and restraints when necessary.
Awards and Memberships
The National Society of Leadership and Success, Member (Sept 2019 to Present)
Presidential Accommodation for Academic Excellence (2013)
Graduated Summa Cum Laude (2013)
Psi Chi - The International Honor Society in Psychology, Member (2012 to Present)
President of local Psi Chi Chapter (Jun 2012 to Jan 2013)
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society, Member (2012 to Present)
Researcher, Academia, professor, social psychology, quantitative, SPSS, Remote, Mental Health