Remote / Virtual Assistant
Applying for Remote/StayAtHome Openings: Analytical and detail-oriented professional with experience coordinating, planning, and supporting daily operational and administrative functions to excel in an Office/Administrative/HR Assistant role and offers a diverse responsibility to utilize my skills
• 5+ years of Administrative Assistant experience in a variety of industries including small and large corporations
• Extensive knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), QuickBooks, Sage/Peach Tree implementation and maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), ADP, HRB, Pay-Chex and AS400 maintenance of designed to capture record and process employee information.
• Managed HR records, benefits-enrollment meetings, administered and coordinated medical health & 401k benefits, leave of absence programs/personnel records, employee performance and exit interviews
• Processed payroll, accounting for benefits, liens, garnishments, and various deductions.
• Managed full cycle talent acquisition process including job postings/sourcing, interviewing, background check, new hire paperwork process, and on-boarding for employees
• Managed all administrative and human resource duties such as employee relations, policy and procedure interpretation, employee discipline, compliance.
Freelance/Temp/Part Time – Remote due to Covid-19 04/20 – Present
Skills and Abilities:
• All assigned work requires a quiet work environment, good communication skills, a good home office/computer setup, and good time management skills.
• Independent and able to work from your home with Internet access, unlimited phone service, a computer or laptop and a headset
• All assigned pay rates are determined by my level of experience and spontaneity
• Dependable – able to tackle complex assignments independently
• People-oriented – I enjoy interacting with these clients and working contract projects
• Adaptable/flexible – I enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- I focus on the details of my assigned work and commit their deadlines
• Innovative – I was able to collaborate with clients to achieve their goals due to their busy schedules
• A confident self-starter who is ready to take initiative to tackle complex projects independently
• Perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks
• Perform assigned duties as required and/or assigned by the client
• Duties of my administrative assistant roles include providing support to these managers and executives, assisting in daily office needs and managing their company’s general administrative activities.
• Comfortable and capable of handling confidential and secure company information
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Develop and maintain a filing system such a photos and documents
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Maintain contact lists - I would export it on an excel for them and organize it alphabetically
• Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva, Photoshop, Mailchimp, Pinterest – I was a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet their deadlines
• Help maintain efficient rate of contacts for customer service on client’s websites
Help reports to their assigned Contact Center Lead.
Help respond to both internal and external customers.
• Help deliver administrative customer support via phone, email, social media, and live chat.
• Help build a positive relationship with all my client members, and ensure that I provide the best clerical and data entry in their postings, customer service, and sales.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong content creation skills with an understanding of web research - Familiar with social media, especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Office Administrator/ Manager
Healthcare Family Practice Center – Torrance, CA 04/17 – 03/2020
Skills and Abilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day operational functions for the family practice, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner
• Responsible for human resource procedures for all Practice Center staff.
• Assisted in the recruitment and termination process and evaluate all staff to build and maintain a successful team.
• Responsible for ordering all office supplies and equipment.
• Responsible for purchase orders, picking up mail, daily direct deposits to the bank, maintain petty cash-box and accounts receivable and payable.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to accounting for processing.
• Ensured adherence to company policies, procedures and standards regarding: quality assurance, customer service, availability of appointments, productivity, confidentiality, retention of records, charting, billing, clinic receipts and deposits, and physical facility.
• Helped maintain attendance and tardiness according to guidelines and policy established by the practice.
• Provided notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by supervisor
• Communicated with building management and outside vendors for suite repairs, regarding maintenance, parking related issues for members and staff
• Ensured filing systems are current and maintained; organize and distributes correspondence, reports, data, memos, etc
• Performed general office duties, HR, payroll and miscellaneous tasks assigned by supervisor
• Attended staff meetings and demonstrates review of minutes for any meetings missed.
• Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.
• Ensured operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and technique
• Knowledge of compliance, personnel law, workplace safety, HIPAA, OSHA, and other regulatory issues pertaining to the practice
• Bookkeeping background/experience in family practice, including billing systems, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, financial management and reporting
• Comprehensive knowledge of practice operations, including patient scheduling, office efficiency, EMR, and patient management systems
• Maintained dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management
• Strived to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative
Human Resources - Office Administrator / Bookkeeping
Pediatric Dental Specialist – Long Beach, CA 04/14– 04/17
Payroll / Benefits:
• Full cycle bi-weekly Payroll processing. Secured daily payroll timesheets to reconcile hours from online time entry system
• Calculated all payroll deductions including IRA, garnishments, and other deferrals
• Inputted payroll data into the Paychex, Inc. payroll system
• Reconciled the monthly, quarterly, and annual IRA deferrals and matching amounts
• Filed and scanned any necessary documentation for complete payroll and accounts payable recordkeeping. Maintain orderly, complete, and up-to-date payroll files, conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
• Verified I-9 documentation. Perform payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
• Assisted with processing of terminations, recruitment and interview process. Scheduled meetings and interviews as requested by Managing Doctor.
• Participated in bi-weekly lunches and a stocked office with food/snacks/drinks. Planned and orchestrated with company lunch/dinners/happy hours
Full cycle Accounts Payable and expense reports processing and maintenance:
• Verified proper approval and adequate documentation supporting payable invoices and expense reports. Identified and resolved problems with purchase orders, invoices and expense reports.
• Assured proper coding and accurate allocation of expenses. Matched, coded, balanced and inputted credit card activity.
• Electronically filed invoices, and receiving documents, approvals, etc. Reconciled vendor statements to the Accounts Payable records in a timely manner.
• Reconciled Accounts payable and payroll accounts to general ledger balances. Performed special projects such assigned
Cassis Luxury Travel – Los Angeles, CA 01/12 – 03/14
• Provided general administrative and clerical support including filing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying
• Maintained electronic and hard copying filing system, performed data entry and scanned documents
• Assisted in resolving any administrative problems, answered calls from customers regarding their inquiries
• Scheduled and coordinated meetings/appointments, ensured operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs, maintained and stocked supplies and inventory
• Performed office administrative tasks such as planning and coordinating meetings, handling office mails, transcribing meeting agendas and minutes, compiling data, creating reports, ordering office supplies, maintaining office library by cataloging travel brochures, keeping records of the sold tickets both electronically and hard copy filing system
• Calculated travel and accommodation costs within customer budget and offered recommendations for cost savings such as off-season tours
Human Resource Generalist
Mattco Forge – Paramount, CA 05/09 – 07/11
• Processed weekly payroll using MS Excel and PayChex Assisted Payroll
• Responsible for all aspects of payroll: verification of employee time entry ensuring accuracy, calculated/verified manual checks; serve as payroll liaison to the Accounting Department as well as external staffing agencies; administered reporting payroll tax levies, garnishments and child support
• Reported and tracked benefit deductions, Safety: Workers' Comp, Safety Programs, OSHA requirements, injury reports
• Served as a liaison between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work related issues. Advised management in resolution of employee relations issues. Assisted with recruitment and interviewing both non-exempt and exempt employees.
• Participated in the organization of annual company functions such as Holiday Party, Employee Picnic, Service Award luncheon, and periodic employee meetings with management.
• Responded to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Provided current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
Office/Human Resource Assistant
AG Jeans – South Gate, CA 03/06 – 04/09
• Developed, recommended and implemented Human resources policies and procedures. Prepared and maintained employee handbook and policies and procedures manual. Partnered with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
• Conducted recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; wrote and placed advertisements and job postings. Reviewed applications and interviewed and screened applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
• Assisted supervisors with questions and the administration of HR policies and procedures relating to employment, payroll, compensation, benefits, employee relations, safety and other employee problems or issues
• Assisted employees with matters dealing with paycheck policies, timesheets, overtime, benefit hours, payroll procedures, timesheet and paycheck problems, direct deposits and employee tax forms, policies and procedures
• Worked closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Provided day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Maintained Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
American Intercontinental University – Los Angeles (09/07)
Masters of Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach, CA (05/02)
Bachelor of Arts in Family & Consumer Science
Southwestern Community College, San Diego, CA (12/99)
Associates Degree; General Education