Raz Robinson Photographer, Teacher, Writer, Musician
Fatherly- Freelance Writer and Reporter-January 2018 - January 2019, New York City
● Search for and write up news copy meant to populate the
publications trending section while also fitting the Fatherly
brand. This sometimes meant creating, scheduling, and editing
assignments for the rest of the trending team as well. Most tasks
are completed daily, at high volume, and on deadline.
● Long-form/deeply researched essays and features about a
variety of political topics as they related to parenting and youth.
Specifically rode the black youth beat in an effort to diversify the
content of a publication with over five million regular readers.
Self Employed - Freelance Photographer/Teacher-January 2016 - Present, New York City & Philadelphia
● Photograph live music and theatre events as well as specializing
in promotional and head shots. Having been a photographer from
the age of 12, this year has been spent narrowing a deep catalog
of personal street photography in hopes of publishing a photo
book in 2019.
● Familiarize students with the basics of photography: lighting,
aperture, film speed, basic editing, etc. This was in order to
specifically help them develop a serious portfolio for either
professional use or admission to a university or specialty school.
Self Employed - Music Instructor January 2011 - Present, New York City & Philadelphia
● Provide one on one instrument instruction (drums, guitar,
electric and double bass) to students anywhere from ages 7 to 30
on the instrument of their choosing; working through music
theory, reading sheet music, and learning songs.
● Based on the student’s musical interests, age, and skill level: I
develop practice regimens and exercises that can improve
playing ability on the fundamental level as well as satiate the
student’s desire to feel as if they’re progressing to bolster their confidence.
The HBCU Career Center / Blogger & Social Media Editor February 2017 - Present, Remote
● Write, research, and publish blog posts on issues regarding
higher education and diversity, as well as workplace and career
● Aggregate social media content and maintain the Facebook and
Twitter posting schedules and consistency of voice and style.
Educated Little Monsters - Music Teaching Artist July 2017 - August 2017, New York City
● Taught music theory as well as gave drum and percussion lessons
to underserved students ages 9 to 14 from the Bushwick,
Brooklyn area in a large group setting.
● Collaborated with other teaching artists and the heads of the
organization in order to develop curriculum that served the
program’s emphasis on social justice while also addressing each
of the students’ individual needs as developing musicians.
● Communicated with teachers and security staff in order to
determine a safe and productive way coordinate the logistical
aspects of running the program out of an affiliated charter
Fresco News - Producer October 2016 - January 2017 , New York City
● Worked on a small team of three producers to generate
concepts, do field reporting, and conduct interviews for a regular
live stream that put emphasis on stories that can be produced
using user generated content.
● Wrote short news pieces to populate the app as well as
constructed scripts to develop the voice for live stream segments
that required stand up, monologue, or voice over.
● Collaborated with the creative department to ensure that there
was a ubiquitous set of editing and general production
procedures that we could use to streamline the publication and
selling of news clips.
Fresco News - Content Manager April 2016 - September 2016, New York City
● Used a combination of Boolean searches and and social media
platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Ban.jo in order to research
and write an average of three 200 to 450-word news pieces per
● Worked alongside other CM’s to further understand the
evolving tech/media landscape such that we could seek out viral
content to develop the company’s voice and bolster its presence
on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
● Created news assignments for app users to cover with their
camera phones while maintaining a functional knowledge of what
various broadcast news outlets using the content service needed.
Music teacher, Photography teacher, multimedia, digital media, journalism, writing