Raymond Shelley's Resume
My personal goal is to help people. I have had many different jobs, but the ones that give me true joy are the ones in which I help others. I am looking for a position that allows me to do the most good; one in which my passion for others and knowledge of psychology and other sciences are complimentary to the task, and are simultaneously put to the test. Applied Behavioral Analysis is my chosen career path because it represents the perfect marriage of compassion and empiricism. The time I have spent working with children and teenagers in the Autism community have been the most professionally rewarding experiences of my life.
Profile of Traits
• Registered Behavior Technician (BACB # RBT-17-32327 currently inactive)
• Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Social Action from Palo Alto University
• Graduated summa cum laude
• Currently enrolled in an online Master’s program at Ball State University for Special Education with an emphasis in Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism
• Solid understanding of behavioral and cognitive theories
• Experienced in customer service; I have received multiple recommendations, awards and commendations for my personalized service protocol
• Excellent working knowledge using both PC and Mac systems; C++, Microsoft Excel, Word, AutoCad, and Matlab
• Ability to train, motivate and supervise fellow staff members
• I follow through with every promise given to my clients, set clear expectations, and provide a friendly personal experience
• I develop efficient work plans, and systematically review performance to maintain quality assurance
Profile of Secondary Traits • Compassionate and empathic
• Love working with children and teenagers
• Skilled at pairing and play
• Patient and methodical
• I always go above and beyond to learn about the subject at hand
• I seek out constructive criticism and learn from my mistakes
• Dedicated to helping others
• I have experience tutoring and working with children
Trumpet Behavioral Health
San Jose, CA
Registered Behavior Technician (2015 - 2017)
• Provided Applied Behavior Analysis for children and teenagers diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disorders.
• Worked one-on-one in home, at a social center, and at the clients’ school.
• I gravitated toward cases with more extreme problem behaviors.
• Experience with violent and self-injurious behaviors.
• Assisted with functional analysis, preference assessments, and data analysis.
• I moved to Rancho Cordova, they currently do not serve this area .
Design Solutions for Manufacturing, Sunnyvale, CA
Designer and Manufacturer (2011 - 2012)
• Mostly specialized in machine design and development. I had several duties, most of which were focused around building industrial machinery for use with nickel titanium tubing.
• Machining custom parts
• Drafting custom parts
• Programming automated controls and interfaces
• Unfortunately, my employer and friend passed away, and the business is now closed.
Sole Proprietor (2001 - 2011)
• I worked for many years as a subcontractor for multiple local businesses, mostly in the production industry. My typical duties include machine repair, reverse engineering, redesign, and manufacturing of automated industrial machinery.
• I built several innovative machines from the ground up, as well as assist with the design and invention of several ground-breaking industrial procedures of production and procuring.
• I took ecological and ergonomic considerations into all my designs and programs.
• Helped develop eco-friendly processes for cleaning medical tubing for surgical cameras, and a mass production technique for solar panel construction.
Personal Banker (2009 - 2011)
• I worked directly with clients to help them with any account issues. I strove to provide excellent customer service, with a focus on the customer’s needs and comfort.
• My primary focus was problem solving, helping customers with their accounts and financial goals.
Gymboree Play and Music
Instructor/Sales Associate (2000 - 2001)
• I led classes, typically for children ages, 2 – 4
• Organized birthday parties
• Worked with parents to engage with children 0 – 16 months
Cupertino High School, Cupertino, CA (1994-1999)
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA (1999 - 2000)
Cal State University Long Beach, Long Beach, CA (2005 - 2006)
De Anza Community College, Cupertino, CA (2013 - 2014)
Palo Alto University, Palo Alto, CA (2014 - 2016)
Ball State University, Muncie, IN (2018 - Present)
References Furnished Upon Request