Rashad Moody Resume
----- | Houston, TX 77003 |------------ | ------------
University of Houston Aug 2013 -Dec 2017
• Major: Liberal Studies
• Minors: English (Creative Writing), Film Studies, Studio Art
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Wrote and produced a short film which won first place in a university sponsored film competition.
• Accepted into the highly selective creative writing program at the University of Houston.
• Published writing in the Houstonian and Transitions magazines.
• Served as an ambassador for the University of Houston’s LGBTQ Resource Center, which helped cultivate my leadership skills and provided opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Attended various local and national leadership conferences, including the National Youth Leadership Conference (2007-2011), Teen Leadership Corps (2009-2012), and the Creating Change Conference (2017).
Event Planning and Management
• Collaborated with various student organizations to host successful outreach and entertainment events, such as film screenings and open houses.
• Managed multiple social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) for a university resource center, leading to an increase in engagement and event attendance from the community.
• Promoted university events as a member of a marketing street team.
Freelance Writer / Production Assistant
University of Houston Center for Student Media Feb 2016 - May 2016
• Conducted research on various topics before writing articles and scripts for publishing and video production.
• Handled the setup, use, breakdown, and transport of video production equipment, including lighting and sound equipment.
Throckmorton Library - Fort Bragg, NC Jun 2011 - Aug 2011
• Performed clerical tasks and served as a general aide for the library’s reference department.
• Assisted in the collection and documentation of new library resources and assets.
• Organized and conducted youth outreach events and other similar outreach initiatives.