Public Health Resume - Rachel De Luca
To find a part time job or summer internship within the medical or public health field where I can gain experience and utilize my current skills.
Strong leadership, extremely outgoing, highly determined and very personable. Completed college level biology, chemistry, calculus and statistics for life sciences while competing in two club activities. Excellent sales and presentation skills. Proficient on Apple computer applications and software.
Sept. 2018 - Present California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo, CA
· Full Time Student in rigorous study, Biology - including coursework in BIO, CHEM, CALC, STATS.
· Successfully tried out for the Equestrian Show Jump/Hunt seat team and competed at IHSA
Collegiate Zone 8 levels. Overall team was Reserve Champion.
· Competed for Cal Poly NCAA Lacrosse Club team and placed second overall in the division.
2015-2018 - Bishop O'Dowd Preparatory High School - Oakland, CA
· Rigorous academic profile while maintaining student-athlete honors for Varsity Lacrosse.
Sept. 2015 - 2018 Working Student - Rose Hill Stables - Dublin, CA
· Provided assistance whenever needed for care and grooming of all horses within the program.
· Provided assistance for all aspects of the trainer’s responsibilities including turning out, lunging and
schooling horses of all levels and disciplines.
· Managed course walks for younger riders and assisted trainer during all shows.
· Provided lessons and training to beginning students and provide assistance to the trainer for
intermediate and advanced lessons including setting jumps and adjusting tack when needed.
· Managed barn improvement projects; moving tack rooms, painting and repairing jumps, adding
and updating stall signs.
Sept. 2013 - 2015 Working Student - Pyramid Sport Horses - Castro Valley, CA
· Schooled, exercised and lunged all horses within the program.
· Assisted trainer at all shows for various tasks including gate checks, scheduling, rider checks
Sept. 2014 - 2018 Babysitting - Oakland, CA
· Managed and organize multiple children’s schedules and activities.
· Executed various activities and ensure well being of children of all ages at all time while parents
are away including overnight care.
· Develop and manage behavioral plans and implement positive reinforcement programs.
June 2018 - Sept. 2018 Lifeguarding - Oakland Hills Tennis Club - Oakland, CA
· Maintained pool and performed various lifeguard duties including creating games and activities
for children and adults. Administered first aide to participants.
MEMBERSHIP AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
June 2015 - July 2015 Presbyterian Church - Baja, Mexico
· Conducted child care for dual working parents and families in need.
June 2014 - July 2014 Corazon - Tijuana, Mexico
· Built complete homes for less fortunate families.
June 2013 - July 2015 Xenophon Therapeutic Riding Academy - Orinda, CA
· Hand walked horses for mounted marginalized children.
June 2010 - June 2013 Pony Club Member and Volunteer - Skyline Equestrian, Oakland, CA
· Completed D3 worked towards C1 level. Helped younger members with D1,D2 certification.
· Cleaned tack, cleaned stalls, hand walked lesson horses and painted and maintained jumps.
EXCELLENT REFERENCES UPON REQUEST