Public Health Education Graduate
Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education, Kennesaw State University (KSU)
Honors Program Graduate GPA: 4.0
CPR/AED, American Red Cross (Expires: November 2020)
BACCHUS network Certification for Peer Education (CPE)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
WinShape Foundation Summer Camp, NPO of Chick-fil-A
Brasília, Brazil and São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil Team Director
April 2019 - July 2019
• Led a team of five college-age staff to conduct an excellent camp program for over 1,200 campers in eight different communities in Brazil; trained team members in their roles; managed team members in their positions and provided formal performance evaluations; ensured safety and well-being of all team members; lead weekly volunteer trainings for over 150 volunteers in total.
• Collaborated daily with partner organization and program stakeholders to ensure success of program within the culture of each community; communicated plans and tasks to staff, volunteers, and in-country partner organization; engaged in consistent communication with and provided reports to WinShape headquarter personnel in Atlanta.
Eagle Medical Services - LLC at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Atlanta, GA
January 2019 – May 2019
Public Health Intern, CDC’s Student Worksite Experience Program (SWEP)
• Observed work of multiple Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) divisions; attended educational
forums/conferences; created social media health communication materials; critiqued a campaign’s infographic.
• Assisted Medical and Policy (MAP) team in the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine branch with
tracking civil surgeon and panel physician training session attendance, troubleshooting technical issues of
webinar trainings, and editing/designing product used to spread awareness of team’s work to stakeholders.
• Assisted Global Border Health Team (GBHT) in creating a new method of data collection within Epi Info 7
software in order to manage information of team’s worldwide activities.
WinShape Foundation Summer Camp, NPO of Chick-fil-A
August 2018 – May 2019
International Operations Intern
• Maintained communication with vendors; managed camp budget under minimal supervision.
• Assisted in training 11 college-age staff to deliver an excellent program that aligns with organization’s high standards and mission; executed planning and organization skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
worked effectively with team members to meet many internal and partnership deadlines.
• Provided leadership in analyzing, developing and implementing creativity into inventory systems and ordering
processes to overcome challenges; created online surveys to receive and organize staff personal information.
YMCA of Metro Atlanta,
January 2018 – May 2018
Research Study Student Assistant
• Conducted surveys within several YMCA facilities to study the effects of exercise on individuals with Parkinson’s disease; reviewed and numerically coded the survey participants’ qualitative responses, which provided baseline and recall data; input all data into Microsoft Excel; composed APA APA-style manuscript.
• Resulted in poster session presentation at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), KSU, April 2019.
RELEVANT ACADEMIC COURSEWORK
• Health Coaching and Patient Education – Designed and executed a mock-patient education experience in front of peers; crafted a learner description (pregnant college student struggling with finances and lack of time needing advice about nutrition during pregnancy), discovered and built upon different teaching styles, gathered and critiqued instructional, learning materials, reviewed video footage of my patient education session, and reflected on possible improvements, Kennesaw State University, Fall 2018
• Fundamentals of Program Planning/Program Implementation and Evaluation – Collaborated with a team to create, plan, implement, and evaluate effectiveness of a program aimed to reduce the public health issue of childhood obesity in elementary school students; planned a needs assessment for the target population, researched evidence- based program techniques, identified program stakeholders, created complete program rationale, led educational sessions focused on major risk factors, incorporated support from donors, and presented program overview and evaluation to peers, Kennesaw State University, Fall 2017
• Peer Health Education – Created objectives, presentation, marketing materials, and evaluation for a health promotion event targeting alcohol use among college students; dissected theoretical and evidence-based approaches for education, counseling, and presenting health-related information to the college student population; obtained a national Certification for Peer Education (CPE) through the BACCHUS network, Kennesaw State University, Spring 2017
• Behavior Theory and Applications – Gained introduction to applying models of health behavior theories and understanding determinants and influences of health behaviors from all perspectives (personal, environmental, etc.); conducted a detailed literature review of Diffusion of Innovations Theory to determine relevance and applications of the theory, Kennesaw State University, Spring 2017
• Principles of Nutrition for the Professional – Conducted nutritional assessment of an individual through a dietary recall interview, analyzed the individual’s nutrient intake, compared these results to MyPlate food group guidelines as well as other nutrient recommendations, and crafted a few statements of dietary advice; conducted a menu analysis to compare nutritional content of different dishes; studied food labeling, sustainable food practices, and how to apply these, Kennesaw State University, Fall 2016
RELATED FIELD EXPERIENCE
• WinShape Camps, NPO of Chick-fil-A. Leadership Development Program trainee. 2018-2019
• National Institutes of Health Plain Language Training. 2019
• Public Health Education Majors Club, KSU, Communications Coordinator. 2017-2018
• Positive Nutrition, Registered Dietician Shadow Student. Marietta, GA, 2017
• Southern Regional Honors Council (SRHC) Conference, Presenter: Nutrition and Addiction, Asheville, NC. 2017
• American Heart Association “Hands-Only” CPR, KSU, Training Facilitator. Spring 2017
• Center Helping Obesity in Children End Successfully, Inc. (C.H.O.I.C.E.S.). Cooking Demonstration Volunteer. Atlanta,
• Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Community Outreach Specialist Shadow Student. Canton, GA, 2015
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Collection and coding of survey data for health research studies
• Trained to present in public-speaking settings to large or small audiences
• Beginner Portuguese language (reading/writing/speaking)
• Beginner Spanish verbal healthcare communication skills (reading/writing/speaking)
• Trained and experienced in working efficiently and effectively on interdisciplinary teams
• Creation and management of surveys/questionnaires across various survey collection databases
• Student Honoree, Academic Recognition Day, Kennesaw State University, Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, 2019
• Outstanding Undergraduate in Health Education, Major of the Year, Kennesaw State University (sponsored by SOPHE, NCHEC, and Eta Sigma Gamma),2017