Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication: Media and Society Spring 2021
Minor in Digital Arts and Sciences
The University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Florida Academic Scholar - Bright Futures
Public Relations Experience
● Published author: working with a video game journalism website, writing 2 articles on a weekly schedule with no pay. (www.gameluster.com) 2017 - 2018
○ Collaborating with a team creatively through Discord and using written communication skills.
● Personal portfolio of video game review articles and opinion-based articles.
● An intrinsic passion for gaming and for designing the narrative of games.
● Experience with multiple consoles, game genres, scripting and creative writing.
Lead Closer August 2018 - Present
Sandy’s Consignment Boutique, Gainesville, FL
● Train employees and leading through the shift, reporting to the manager after.
● Delegate employees thoroughly, making sure the floor is immaculate.
● Price items, making sure they are a fair price for our customers and are relevant to the demand of the specific item.
● Greet customers with a cheerful outlook, both on the phone and in-person.
● Manage deadlines for customer’s drop-odds and pricing items within one day.
● Transition to areas in the store that are busy and need extra help; helping dressing rooms run their clothes’ rack or running to the floor to size clothing.
Cashier/Sales Associate February 2018 - July 2018
Staples, Palatka, FL
● Trained new employees at the cash register.
● Answered customer service phone calls with patience and knowledge to aid them in their questions.
● Calculated sales items right, making sure that no money goes missing or is misinterpreted mathematically.
● Stocked inventory in the store by scanning and calculating quantities; while assisting customers on the store floor.
● Maintained the cleanliness of the store, including the bathrooms, the store floor and the entrance/registers.
Involvement and Skills________________________________________
● Relevant coursework: Video games, television, public relations, advanced writing and theatre.
○ Focused on an outside concentration and minor of digital arts and sciences.
● Technical skills involving Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
● Transferable skills such as editing, writing, researching and written and verbal communication.
Written and verbal communication skills