North Dakota State University Graduated: May 2016 Bachelor of Science in Finance Fargo, North Dakota
• Relevant Coursework: Investment Analysis, Advanced Equity Analysis, Management of Financial Institutions, Corporate Finance, Options, Futures & Derivatives, & International Finance
CFA Level I Candidate
RBC Wealth Management August 2016 – Present Senior Associate, Cost Basis Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Extensively use Microsoft Excel and strong attention to detail to accurately update client cost basis records while meeting deadlines and managing daily workload as part of a team.
• Stay current with industry changes that affect reporting requirements and adapt effectively.
• Receive calls from financial advisors, client associates, and colleagues while responding with professionalism and knowledge to resolve issues.
Cornerstone Bank February 2015 – May 2015 Teller Fargo, North Dakota
• Displayed strong communication skills to communicate with customers and employees in a professional manner.
• Developed multi-tasking skills when working on assignments as a part of a team and individually.
Wells Fargo May 2014 – August 2014
Teller Bismarck, North Dakota
• Processed customer transactions with accuracy, consistency, and in compliance with regulation.
• Used teamwork to complete daily and ad hoc tasks for the bank.
CFA Institute Research Challenge October 2015 – April 2016
CFA Society Minnesota Local Level Champions
• Performed equity research of assigned firm based on thorough analysis of primary and secondary data.
• Valued firm using discounted cash flow model, comparable multiples, and sensitivity analysis.
• Interpreted earnings call transcripts and related news to ascertain the state of the firm.
• Utilized regulatory filings, macroeconomic data, and direct industry analysis to make forecasts for financial statements.
• Used strong teamwork, communication, and leadership skills to manage workload.
• Produced detailed equity research report and delivered convincing pitch to CFA chartered judges.
North Dakota State University Student Managed Investment Fund August 2015 – May 2016 Treasurer – Executive Committee Member Fargo, North Dakota
• Managed NDSU’s $1.3 million equity and bond portfolio through a bottom-up investing strategy.
• Analyzed company and industry data to make decisions on potential investments and current holdings.
• Coordinated and budgeted fund events, trips, and expenses.
• Worked with executive team in making asset allocation decisions for the fund to respond to advances or declines in holdings.
Computer: Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with FactSet and Bloomberg.
Interests and Hobbies: The stock market, running, weight lifting, reading, music, basketball, golf, and philosophy.