Peter Anderson's Resume
Peter Frederic Anderson
3030 15th Ave S - Minneapolis, MN 55407 -xxx-xxx-xxxx - xxx-xxx-xxxx
To obtain a career that will utilize my educational experience in fisheries and work experience in aquaponics and allow me to explore the burgeoning and exciting field of aquaculture.
Bachelor of Science in Fisheries, College of Food Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, MN.
Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) Technician St. Paul, Minnesota
Urban Organics, Aquaponic Production Facility May 13th- Present
- Worked with a team performing water quality testing, fish feeding and monitoring of health, maintenance of fish hatchery and fry grow out tanks, as well as cleaning and other general animal husbandry duties.
- Sorted and processed Rainbow Trout and Arctic Charr and assisted with data input and feed inventory.
Farm Technician St. Paul, Minnesota
Urban Organics, Aquaponic Production Facility September 30th-May 10th
- Worked in a large aquaponic production setting seeding, harvesting, and packaging leafy greens for sale.
- Undertook training for the Minnesota pesticide applicator certification and dedicated time on weekends for observations and safe application.
Wholesale Aquarium Maintenance and Bagging Minneapolis, Minnesota
Go Aquatics, Wholesale Fish Store January 13th-August 5th 2018
- Assisted in maintaining large multi-tank systems by servicing of bead filters, cleaning of tanks, performing water changes, and monitoring the health of the fish.
- Performed animal caretaking duties including feeding and providing water, cleaning of tanks and cages, as well as assistance in weighing and marking packaging for delivery.
Bell Museum Research Assistant (Fish & Invertebrate Collections) St. Paul, Minnesota
Bell Museum, University of Minnesota September 15th-January 12th 2018
- Identified, photographed, and digitized fish species for documentation in an extensive collection.
Level 1 Watercraft Inspector
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources June 13th-August 30th 2016
- Worked with, as well as policed, the public with the intent of keeping Minnesota lakes and streams free of invasive species.
- Developed communication and triage skills, the ability to work in stressful situations, and time management.
Relevant Coursework UMN St. Paul Campus
HORT 4601: Aquaponics Spring Semester 2017
- Helped to maintain three separate aquaponics systems by feeding and assessing the health of the fish,
performing water quality checks and care, and harvesting of plants.
- Learned about different aquaponics systems and how they operate, as well as researched different techniques to
breed perch in captivity.
Lee Scoggin, RAS Manager, Urban Organics, 543 W James Ave, St Paul, MN 55102. xxx-xxx-xxxx
Dr. Andrew Simons, Professor, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, 1980 Folwell Ave., University of Minnesota,
St. Paul, MN 55108. xxx-xxx-xxxx
Ramont, Warehouse Manager, Go Aquatics, 1101 NE Stinson Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
Aquaponics, Aquaculture, Fisheries