Philadelphia, PA 19136 | ------------| ------------/in/tashna93/ | ------------
Communications Assistant Profile
• Motivated, proactive communications professional with a degree in English Literature looking for a challenging career in media, marketing, or publishing industry.
• Excellent at creating and editing content for online media outlets to drive dynamic articles and increase reading comprehension and engagement.
• Strong team leader with the ability to train and support peers in writing/editing fundamentals and company procedures.
• Possesses ability to learn from mistakes, passionately learns new skills, and has talent for investigative and analytical tasks. Areas of Expertise:
• Content Development
• Copy Writing & Editing
• Research & Analysis
• Content Management
• Project Administration
• Team Leadership
Health Information Specialist | 2017 – Present
Holy Redeemer Homecare Hospice, Philadelphia, PA
Mail and fax physician homecare and hospice orders to referring doctors’ offices to expedite payment for services. Call doctor offices to find out patient status and update contact information. Compose email correspondence to inform department staff of patient status. Delegate physician orders to members of medical record team to ensure daily volume of orders are processed promptly. Ensure doctor documentation follows HIPAA standards and complies with insurance regulations. Digitally file homecare and hospice orders in patient charts. Archive signed physician orders and cancel old orders for accurate recordkeeping. Utilize state and government websites to look for outstanding doctor sanctions or penalties and verify physician enrollment in Medicare database.
• Reduced orders 60% by archiving signed orders and cancelling orders with inaccurate doctor contact information.
• Supported Home Health team by verifying and updating 4000+ PA doctor licenses in HRHS.
• Trained team member on managing errored faxes in document attachment system.
• Chosen to complete physician licensure project for the medical records department.
• Utilized investigative skills to update HCHB database by reactivating and adding physicians to patient charts.
• Chosen to complete a physician order delivery method update for approximately 750 physicians via an excel spreadsheet to allow faster order turnaround to encourage timely billing
Student Assistant | 2015 – 2016
Arcadia University Landman Library, Glenside, PA
Supported circulation desk operations including checking in and out texts and multimedia materials. Processed renewals, answered library phone, and entered alumni information into KOHA database for access to library services. Provided quality customer service by responding to patron questions about library services and helping students locate materials via the Dewey Decimal system. Updated library database with new materials and deactivated texts with low checkout rates. Packed books and media for donation.
• Promoted to Supervisor of Student Workers on weekends based on leadership skills, reliability, and quick understanding of department processes and procedures.
• Performed citation analysis projects and conducted database usage statistic reports via MS Access and Excel to organize data and conceptualize usage of library product/services.
• Deaccessed books with low checkout history from library databases when the cataloger and archivist retired.
Intern: Online Writer & Editor| 2015
Arcadia University: Odyssey Online, Philadelphia, PA
Composed weekly online articles reviewing and analyzing fashion, music, television, and movies. Created dynamic and interesting content, responded to editor feedback, and upheld Arcadia content standards as competitive media hub. Served as peer editor working within deadlines and providing constructive comments to build compelling content for Odyssey readers. Evaluated article images and graphic content for relevancy, appropriateness, and creativity.
• Seen as college media influencer due to consistent articles and effective writing style.
• Promoted from staff writer to editor within three months due to taking initiative and volunteering for open role.
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, 2016 | Arcadia University, Philadelphia, PA
Coursework: Craft of Creative Nonfiction, Journalism II, Literature and the Law, Travel Writing
Thesis: “Clarissa’s Journey Towards an Integrated Self in Mrs. Dalloway”
Dean’s List: Spring 2013 & 2016 | GPA 3.27
Volunteer Proposal Writer, Fifty Shades of Purple Against Bullying, 2018-Present
Supported organization’s charity gala and served as charity ambassador in promotional video.