Omar Odom Resume
Omar Jarrod Odom
------------ • ------------
Creative writer with experience in composing, editing and reading creative articles, stories, and related content. Solid command of the creation of digital content. Commendable knowledge of operating computers and using Microsoft Office software. Experience with project management and copywriting. Dexterity to proofread, edit and deliver high quality and compelling content.
Proficiency in liaising with all assigned team members in a positive manner.
• Writing • Social Perceptiveness • Interpersonal Communications
• Coordination • Complex Problem Solving • Troubleshooting
• Decision Making • Time Management • Reading Comprehension
• Critical Thinking • Learning Strategies • Research Skills
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
Bachelors of Arts in English/Creative Writing: Expected May 2021
Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts: Graduated 12/2016
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Arcadia University, Glenside, PA 09/2017 - Present
Literary Magazine Reader
• Vet submissions in poetry and/or fiction and rank them according to the magazine’s aesthetic rubric.
• Collaborate with the prose and/or poetry editors, as well as the faculty adviser to decide which pieces best realize the magazine’s goals.
Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 09/2011 - 04/2012
• Located library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
• Answered routine inquiries and referred patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
• Maintained collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, audiovisual and other materials.
• Sorted books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and returned them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
• Maintained library equipment, such as photocopiers, scanners, and computers, and instructed patrons in proper use of such equipment.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Epic Health Services, Bala Cynwyd, PA 06/2015 - 06/2017
Personal Care Aide
• Prepared and maintained records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
• Cared for individuals during periods of incapacitation, family disruption, or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
• Contributed in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
Protocall Staffing Philadelphia, PA 09/2014 - 01/2015
• Washed dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and pans, using dishwashers and by hand.
• Loaded and unloaded trucks that delivered and picked up food and supplies.
Aramark, Philadelphia, PA 09/2012 - 09/2014
• Cleaned and placed dishes and utensils in dishwasher and then into storage areas.