BENJAMIN OPOKU AGYEMANG
Charlotte, NC 28269 | xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx
Transport and logistics background with proven knowledge in software development life cycles, analytics and data visualization using industry best practices. Team minded individual who excels at streamlining operations through analytical thinking to assist in business development.
Purchasing Analyst Mar 2019 – Present
Carmel Country Club – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Cost benefit and cost utility analysis to guide procurement and inventory decisions regularly by preparing strategies to design various cost-effective programs and identifying potential suppliers if required and also maintaining exceptional professional relationships with all suppliers
- Performed statistical analysis of experimental data and hypothesis of analysis (DOE) using R/Python
- Communicates data exploratory findings and provide analytical insights to senior leadership through dashboard reporting and presentations
- Perform daily data analysis, generates reports and Tableau dashboards to deliver meaningful insights to the Sales and Operations team
- Visualized all QA data to expose defects, improve product and resolve complaints using Tableau for client reporting
Operations Analyst June 2017 – Jan 2019
RingoCars & Auto parts Ltd. – Accra, Ghana
- Automated the full cycle of report generation using SQL and Tableau reducing turnaround time from 24 hours to automatic report generation to facilitate product release
- Used vertical and horizontal scalability in AWS design principles to support growth in data size and user traffic to optimize and automate organizational efficiency
- Maintained ongoing level of understanding of business processes and systems as related to department specialization
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as prioritized by manager and key stakeholders
Data Analyst Feb 2016 – May 2017
RedRock Consulting Ltd – Bristol, England
- Performed data validation, quality assessments and analysis including Peak Integration, Linear Regression and calibration curves using R/Python, SPSS and Excel
- Wrote new QA SOPs, reviewed and updated existing SOPs based on new guidelines
- Performed statistical forecast modeling using ARIMA to predict demand for raw materials using SQL, and R/Python
Student Services June 2015 – Jan 2016 Kaplan International College – Bristol, England
- Migrated student data with the IT team from Access database to MySQL during periodic data backups
- Engaged with teachers and administrators to develop a Tableau dashboard for evaluation of student success patterns through data analysis and visualization
Transportation Analyst July 2012 – Jan 2014
O.A. Transport - Accra, Ghana
- Developed and delivered transportation analytics, metrics and KPI's to support the continuous improvement of the transportation network
- Gathered and analyzed data, drew conclusions and made recommendations using a variety of data sources and technologies as needed
Master of Science: Transport Planning - May 2016 University of West of England - Bristol, England
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science - June 2012 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology - Kumasi, Ghana.
- Proficient in Agile Methodologies, Scrum Principles, Big Data, Data Mapping, Data Mining, Deep Learning, Regression and Principal Component Analysis
- Skilled in the use of Cloud Computing Interfaces such as Amazon Web Services, IBM Developer and Watson Studio.
- Knowledgeable in Data Analytics and Visualization using Python, R, Tableau and Excel.
- Experienced in database management and design, schema architecture and queries using SQL and MySQL server.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex results to all business audiences.
- Project management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- AWS Certified Developer
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- Scrum Developer Certified
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt