Gary R. Pickus
35 Belmont Terrace, Yonkers, NY 10703
Tel.: ------------ Email: ------------
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent communicator and leader in managing people and resources to complete challenging creative projects.
• Recording artist, diversified songwriter, arranger, producer, entertainer, sound designer, audio editor, engineers, author, playwright, instructor, with fifteen original CDs, three television themes, one film score, one theatrical musical comedy and one thousand+ piece music production library of original material.
• Live performer/entertainer – dueling and solo pianist with encyclopedic recall of 60 years of popular music from Sinatra to Sheeran.
• Innovative website conceptualist/designer/copywriter.
School of International Service, American University, Washington, DC
Master of Arts, International Peace and Conflict Resolution (GPA 3.84)
Duke University, Durham, NC
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
------------/SOUNDTRACKFOREVERYTHING.COM Yonkers, NY Feb. 2000-present
Founding President, Producer, Artist
Responsibilities: Budgeted projects and negotiated contracts; scouted, evaluated, advised, produced talent; recruited, auditioned, scheduled, and compensated musicians, sound engineers, studios and supplemental staff; served as liaison between artists and upper management; facilitated equipment purchases and reviewed submissions from outside artists; conceptualized, co-designed, and co-implemented all websites.
Accomplishments: Produced and delivered fifteen compact discs for the music, theatrical and educational markets; supervised recording process, narrated voice-overs, performed, recorded, arranged, and orchestrated music and vocals; conceptualized projects, wrote and performed narration, book and score for musical Piandemonium, score for outside musical, Pasaje.
GOLDEN EARS PRODUCTIONS, Bethesda, MD Apr. 2000-present
Contract Musical Entertainer
Responsibilities: Initiated, maintained, and enhanced various client bases as pianist/vocalist/entertainer at various piano establishments featuring piano entertainment throughout the United States; worked collaboratively in a team-environment with hundreds of on-stage entertainers to successfully execute established goals.
Accomplishments: Performed all-request repertoire, requiring encyclopedic knowledge of six-decades of popular music, versatile performance skills, and specialized spontaneous showmanship for audiences aged 21-70.
MY MELODIES, Blackwood, NJ 2011-2012
Responsibilities: Researched, interviewed, recruited app development support staff; co-designed app framework and function; auditioned, scheduled, and compensated musicians, sound engineers, studios and supplemental staff; supervised recording sessions, performed and recorded keyboard parts, mixed, and mastered finished musical product.
Accomplishments: Invented algorithm that converts alpha letters into coherent melodies; released app into App Store and Google Play November, 2012.
THE PRINCETON REVIEW, Princeton, NJ Jan.-Dec. 1999
Responsibilities/Accomplishments: Created lesson plans, taught classes, and tutored students as individuals and in groups preparing for GRE, GMAT, SAT exams
WORLD DISC PRODUCTIONS, Friday Harbor, WA Mar. 1992-Dec 1997
Recording Artist and Musical Director
Responsibilities/Accomplishments: Composed and produced music for self and others; coordinated formulation of budgets and schedules; recruited and contracted talent; and directed concerts and presentations.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Grand Prize Winner, Yamaha International Song Festival
• Grand Prize Winner, American Song Festival
• Gold Record, El Debarge Album (Motown Records)
• Live performances include: Charlotte Coliseum, Las Vegas Hilton, Harrah's, USS Nimitz, Tokyo, Carnival/Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
• Studio musical production work in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Las Vegas, Fort Myers, and Seattle
• Past associates include: Robin Thicke, Alan Thicke, Barry Manilow, Dionne Warwick, Diane Warren, Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Jimmy Castor, and Mark Holden
• Most recent productions: “Piandemonium,” a jukebox musical of original material performed during the player’s final madcap night in a piano bar. “Stroka’Genius” CD, website as golf comedy character Pick McMulligan; “Sounds and Voices Along The International Songline” (25 original songs about peace corresponding in musical style to regions around the world, utilizing interpretations of localized poets and authors for lyric content)
writer, songwriter, entertainer, researcher, host, performer, author, speaker