morzina nishi resume
Weitz & Luxenberg P.C., New York, New York Nov 2018- Feb 2019
• Provides superb customer service to both internal and external clients.
• Operates switchboards; screens and directs calls to appropriate parties.
• Meet and greets visitors entering the Firm and direct them to scheduled conference room or other locations.
• Performs conference room checks to ensure reservation requests are met prior to scheduled meetings.
The United States Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C. June 2017-Aug. 2017
Legislative Summer Intern
• Developed PowerPoint presentations for staff to present at festivals and events, including ESSENCE Magazine’s 2017 Path to Power Conference.
• Calculated and organized quantitative data, as well as compiled spreadsheets with data.
• Developed a written memo report on a Small Business Committee hearing
• Analyzed new legislative bill, as well as compared it to its current code legislation
• Answered and transferred phone calls to the appropriate parties
Office of Assistant Speaker Felix Ortiz, Brooklyn, New York July 2015 – Aug. 2015
Legislative Summer Intern
• Researched various issues and concerns affecting the 51st district regarding the subway system, overconsumption, global warming and teenage suicide rates
• Answered phone calls, and transferred them to the appropriate parties when necessary
• Conducted and organized information sessions which included: targeting specific demographics, presenting relevant information and taking surveys
• Collaborated with staff in coordinating events such as conferences, awareness and goodwill events while ensuring operations run smoothly
Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY Jan. 2015 – Dec. 2015
Welcome Ambassador/Peer Mentor
• Greeted guests, parents, and anyone who entered the building
• Displayed exemplary knowledge of college campus processes, and events while providing up-to-date information to both students and administrative staff
• Provided one-one aide to individuals with disabilities by assisting them around campus as well as additional support in class via note taking
• Maintained high end customer service to students, parents and staff regarding campus based information
• Provided answers to location questions, and other general information questions
The City College of New York, B.A. in Political Science; Minor: Legal Studies May 2018
Borough of Manhattan Community College, A.A. in Liberal Arts Fall 2015
Cumulative G.P.A 3.5; magna cum laude
Clubs & Affiliations: Pi Sigma Alpha: National Political Honors Society; The National Society of Leadership and Success;
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society; BMCC Dance Club, Chess, Peer Mentor
Honors & Awards: The Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom Legal Honors Program Scholar; Dean’s List 2014-2017; “Out-in-Two” Scholarship Recipient; Achiever’s Recognition Reward
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Languages: English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu (Bilingual proficiency); Spanish (Limited working proficiency)
• MS Office Proficiency (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.