monique elias ------------ ♦ ------------
Motivated, versatile Graphic Designer skilled in arenas including Textiles, Women’s Fashion, Home Décor, and Collateral Marketing. Able to transform conceptual messaging into unique and impactful visuals. Talent for integrating color, fabric and texture to create products which excite and capture target demographics.
Additional experience in design, manufacture and sales of women’s apparel and home accessories. Expertise in international vendor relations. Superior liaison, communicator and negotiator. Client-focused, with an exceptional ability to maintain creative vision while driving desired bottom-line results.
➢ Brand Identity & Awareness
➢ Strategic Business Alliances
➢ Home Décor Design
➢ Revenue Generation
➢ Trade Shows and Trunk Shows
➢ Writing & Communication ➢ Apparel & Textile Print Design
➢ Competitive Market Research
➢ Retail Sourcing & Buying
➢ International Vendor Interface
➢ Sales & Marketing Campaigns
➢ Digital Storytelling
Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop; MS Word, Excel, Outlook; Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Home Sweet Home People; New York, NY (www.homesweethomepeople.com)
Creative Manager | Graphic Designer, 2018 – present
Act as primary creative force for privately owned creative graphic design organization catering to clients seeking design concepts for textiles and home décor accessories and products.
• Create designs for fabrics, home décor, promotional and/or collateral marketing products and other unique design channels;
• Conduct competitor research to discern market trends and launch viable sources of revenue generation;
• Develop color and graphic design combinations to best meet consumer demand(s);
• Use Photoshop and Illustrator to fabricate designs of broad appeal to diverse consumer base, and for equally diverse product line(s), i.e. fabrics, clothing, accessories, et. al.;
• Ensure that images on social media decks are easily visible, accessible and represent high quality;
• Leverage social media platforms to gain best percentage of visibility to attract new customers.
• Designed close to 10,000 graphics and prints for textile, apparel and home products;
• Adapted popular high-end designs to create more affordable options for client base.
monique elias page two of two
career history (continued)
Belle Buns, Inc.; New York, NY
Designer | Online Store Manager, 2013 – 2018
For boutique-style online women’s lingerie store, designed original pieces and sourced prefabricated items overseas to bring product diversity to store and enhance traffic via referral.
• Interfaced with overseas production houses to negotiate development and manufacture of original designs;
• Using Photoshop, created new collateral marketing, i.e. brochures, flyers, etc., to advance brand awareness; also coordinated all promotional photo shoots and advertising-related activities;
• Produced new product samples; created second round samples in broader size spectrum;
• Calculated all wholesale and retail costs as well as estimated profit margins;
• Negotiated with fabric suppliers and manufacturers on payment terms.
• Responsible for developing all package design and marketing materials for new, original products;
• Created representative “Look Books” and online marketing materials to distribute to prospective boutique owners; negotiated order volume and costs with approved retailers.
Mixbond New York; New York, NY
Business Consultant | Assistant to the President (Contract Position), 2011
Advised start-up fashion house in creation and marketing of new collections: 21 Bond Street and Sensibilities.
• Sourced and identified designer for both collections;
• Worked closely with President regarding sample production and sales strategies;
• Researched, anticipated and targeted consumer buying behaviors to align with distribution potential.
• Established company showroom for owner.
Elias Womenswear; Chicago, IL
Fashion Designer | Sales Manager, 1998 – 2009
Performed 360o management, operations and creative oversight for retail store in metropolitan region featuring original designs and imported clothes/accessories. Hired and managed two sales support representatives.
• Sourced textile and apparel markets in India, Thailand and USA;
• Partnered with 10+ vendors for original design manufacture, i.e. pattern makers, factories, et. al.;
• Attended high-visibility trade shows, including The Piers and Moda Manhattan, as both buyer and vendor;
• Planned quarterly inventory requirements based on market trends and customer buying behaviors;
• Handled all company financials, including A/P, A/R, and overhead; also developed Excel spreadsheets to calculate product pricing, profit margins, and projected budgets.
• Leveraged social media for special sale events, usually yielding 100% increase in sales and profits;
• Oversaw store interior re-design for more client-friendly layout and appealing visual merchandising.
press and publications
Elias Womenswear featured in Jessica Sedgewick’s Shop Crawl (Chicago Sun-Times; Chicago, IL)
Fashion Blogger, The RedEye (The Chicago Tribune, Chicago, IL)
education and professional development
DIG Graphics with Illustrator (Parsons School of Design; New York, NY)
Excel for Business (New York City Careers Center; New York, NY)
Bachelor of Science, Russian Language, Literature & Culture (University of Chicago; Chicago, IL)