Monica Thomas, CTRS
Bachelor of Arts | September 2017- March 2020 | Western Washington University
• Major: Recreation Management and Leadership w/Therapeutic Recreation emphasis
• Minor: Psychology
• Related coursework: Intro to Abnormal Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience, Psychology of Child Rearing, Human Relations
Associate of Arts | March 2017 | Cascadia College
• Related coursework: Organizational Psychology, Developmental Lifespan Psychology
Housekeeper | Christian Health Care Center | June 2020- present
• I sanitize shared working environments while attending to both client and staff needs.
Direct Support Professional | Cascade Connections | April 2020- June 2020
• I managed the health of my clients and transferred clients for activities of daily living.
• I served clients with intellectual, developmental, and central nervous system disabilities.
Activity Leader | Western Washington University | September 13th-15th 2019
• I facilitated and assisted in leading group activities to integrate incoming students into the community
Recreational Therapist Intern | King Adult Day Enrichment Program | May 2019 – August 2019
• I organized, planned, and facilitated recreational programs for clients with cognitive, physical, and social disabilities.
Volunteer | Whatcom Opportunity Council | October 2018- December 2018
• I assisted people who are disabled and/or elderly with chores and errands. Through volunteering, I gained experience working with various disabilities.
Volunteer | Northshore Adult Day Center | February 2017- September 2018
• I engaged in conversation, assisted with cleaning and moving around the equipment, and assisted with leading some of the daily activities.
Activity Leader | Camp Team | WWU Recreation Department | May 10-11, 2018
• I organized activities for adult community members with disabilities for an overnight camp.
Substitute Custodian | Snohomish School District | June 2015 – September 2018
• I cleaned the classrooms during both the summer and the school year, had to manage my time to complete all the needed tasks, handle deliveries, and work within diverse environments.
Vice President of Hall Representation | Resident Hall Association | September 2017- June 2018
• My key responsibilities were to attend meetings, assist and direct hall events, and to collaborate with my hall’s executive board to program activities.
• Expires April 2022
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
• Certification ID#: 83442
• Recertification Date: 07/18/2025
CTRS, recreational therapist, disability