3284 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92102
A hardworking, detail-oriented, responsible student seeking employment or internship opportunities where a Psychology background may be demonstrated and developed further.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA (Grad. expected 6/2023)
• Undergraduate, Psychology B.A. – 3.35 GPA
• Dean’s List (2020)
• Academic Scholarship
Mater Dei Catholic High School - San Diego, CA (Grad. 6/2018)
• National Honor Society – 3.54 GPA
• California Scholarship Foundation
• Academic Scholarship
Student Supervisor (Volunteer) – Nativity Prep Academy, San Diego, CA (10/2020 - present)
• Maintained a safe/orderly environment by supervising students in indoor/outdoor settings; supported students’ virtual learning by troubleshooting technology issues, answering questions, and providing school supplies.
Culinary Operations Host - SeaWorld, San Diego, CA (Summer 2018 & 2019)
• Interacted professionally/cordially with guests, cooked dishes according to precise recipes, collaborated with coworkers/supervisors to manage restaurant operations, organized a safe/clean environment, responsibly handled cashiering duties.
Psychology Coursework (Fall 2019 – Spring 2020)
• Intro to PSY; Physiological PSY; Research Methods in PSY; Basic Developmental PSY; Abnormal PSY; Social PSY; PSY of Personality.
Capstone Project - San Diego State University, San Diego, CA (2018)
• Was mentored by a Geography professor, planned a project with mentor, collaborated with graduate students at a Boulder Creek field site, and tracked creek’s water quality.
Science Academy - Mater Dei Catholic High School, Chula Vista, CA (2017-2018)
•Seabass in the Classroom (SITC)
o Rehabilitated/raised a threatened species of fish before releasing them into the open ocean. Regularly fed fish & maintained a sanitary environment. Represented the Mater Dei’s SITC program at Open House.
• STEAM Poster Night
o Conducted research on groundwater concepts, designed/published a research poster, presented the research to the public.
Bilingual (English/Spanish), Microsoft Office, student supervision, customer service, 60WPM typing, grammar & writing, dependability, teamwork, organization, leadership, communication, prioritization
Josie Alvarez, Associate Director of Graduate Support, Nativity Prep Academy
------------ x232 ------------
tutoring, tutor, assistant, part time, kumon