Sr. Graphic Designer
MJK DESIGNS FREELANCE AND CONTRACT (SELF-EMPLOYED), 1998-PRESENT
• Incorporating all of the below skills and education.
Marketing Manager and Sr. Graphic Designer
B.R. FUNSTEN & CO./ TOM DUFFY COMPANY, 2010-PRESENT
Experienced Senior Graphic Design and Marketing Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the design industry. Primary designer for all print and web marketing. Designs and develops designs for publications such as brochures, posters, postcards, email blasts, direct mail, etc., as well as packaging designs for other publications and nationwide conventions. Skilled in the preparation of camera-ready art to include: indicating size requirements, line work, color separations, registrations, and specification of color codes.
Responsible for designing marketing materials for annual conferences (nationwide), to include branding and specific aesthetics. Mentor several junior designers on the process of design from conception to completion, with specific focus on the actual product design, providing professional and technical illustration support to ensure product completion under pressure of rigid time and production schedules.
Manage all project requests and coordinated workflow scheduling with the print and agency vendors. Facilitate project-planning meetings to outline the specifications of the project (topic/promotion, location, audience, deadline.). Coordinate with outside vendors, company sales reps, company’s President and Vice President to establish a working time line, short range/long range goals, and receive additional instructions/information necessary to complete the project without delay. Subsequently, I would develop a work schedule, building in established time constraints to ensure all deadlines were met. Follow up to ensure that the design concept created was in accordance with the company’s original intent before the design is confirmed. At times, this required several revisions, as I had to construct the design from “ground up.” I present each design demonstrating the concept and the rationale for choosing that specific design (color, font, imagery, layout, etc).
Develop new print schedules to streamline the production process resulting in an easier workflow and error-free products produced in accordance with established timelines. As a result, the printed media was distributed on time to the target audience and goals were achieved, to include generated revenue targets.
• Responsibilities entail coordination & design of the objectives involved in various projects
• Revision of project budgets relative to hours and costs, gathering of background
information from title companies, public agencies, and other sources that are relative
to the project, communication of design objectives, revision of client and
• Design and drafting caoordination for each project, engineering calculations when appropriate and coordination of project completion progress with Project Engineer
MICHAEL J. KANCELJAK
Software Skills & Experience
Cross platform experienced.
Adobe Creative Suite:
InDesign • Illustrator • Photoshop
Corel Photo Paint
Adobe Acrobat and Distiller
Fine Art: Drawing • Painting
Sr. Graphic Designer
CONTEMPORARY FORUMS, 2002-2007
• Acted as the go to person for all company’s print and web marketing.
• Design and implementation of all multi-media marketing for company
• Managed all project requests, coordinated work flow scheduling with print
and agency vendors
• Designed and implemented all collateral pieces such as brochures,
direct mail and advertising
• Developed and produced concept design for course study brochures,
signing and presentations
• Developed new print schedule resulting in an easier work flow and error free
production saving valuable time and money
• Handled multiple creative assignments from concept to completion.
• Mentored junior designers
IBW COMPANY, INC., 2001-2002
• Daily tasks include project management, concept development, illustration
• Designed and implemented work in both print and web media.
• Handled all jobs from design concept to preflight and release
• Executed multiple jobs simultaneously while maintaining strict deadlines
and within limited budgets
• Attended all print runs and color analysis resulting in error free production.
Clients include: McAfee and the City of Pleasant Hill
• Mentored several design interns who were earning college credits
SPEROS MARKETING GROUP, INC., 1999-2001
• Designed advertisements and identities for various clients
• Daily task also required multi-tasking, time management, supervising
and public relation skills
• Responsible for the concept and production of all interdepartmental material
such as brochures, work sheets, handbooks etc.
• I worked with clients such as Safeway, Wal*Mart, King Soopers and Raley’s
• Supervised other designers within the art department
MARKETING SERVICES, CSUS FOUNDATION, 1998-1999
• Responsibilities included project management, conceptual development,
illustration and production of all company’s print media
• Collaborated with printers on color specs, paper stock, as well as other designers
during print production
Bachelor of Arts Degree with concentration in Graphic Design,
California State University Sacramento
Certificate in Web Design - Silicon Valley College, CA
Associate Arts Degree - Diablo Valley College, CA
Awards: New Jersey Fine Arts Scholarship, 1991
Community service and coaching youth sports
Manager/Coach: Canyon Creek Little League, 2006-Present
Head Coach: San Ramon Youth Basketball, 2006-Present
Head Coach: San Ramon Bears Football, 2016
Head Coach: Pleasanton Jr. Football League Lions, 2017-Present
Head Coach/Assistant Coach: San Ramon Soccer, 2006-2015
Head Coach/Assistant Coach: San Ramon Flag Football, 2010-2014
Assistant Coach: Demons Travel Baseball 2010-2013
Adobe Creative Suite, Sr. Graphic Designer