Misha Neal Resume
Chicago IL, 60607
Great attention to detail, Time management, ability to work well in a group setting, excellent communication skills
Currently Enrolled at the University of Illinois at Chicago
• Major: Art history
• Minor: Museum Studies
• Year: Senior
• Graduation date: May 2020
Graduated From: Durham School of the Arts High School, Durham, North Carolina
Chicago Wolfpack Swim Lessons: 2016 to Present
• Group swim instructor, duties include being able to teach and kids of all different ages and abilities, while in a group setting for an hour.
Family Babysitter 2015 to Present
• Part-time babysitter, duties include taking and picking up children from school, making sure their homework is done, food preparation, and bedtime duties.
Super 7 Girls intern Summer 2019
• As an intern at Super 7 girls, I was in charge of developing a hands-on art curriculum for 3rd and 8th graders that were innovative, fun and rigorous all that the same time.
North Star Church of Arts, Intern Spring 2019
• As an Intern at the NorthStar Church of Arts, I was in charge of administrative duties such as; helping with the setup for art exhibits, church Sunday setup, printing brochures, communicating with prospective and current visitors, and helping to assist in house artist Monet Marshall with her exhibit titled Grandmothers.
Association for the Study of African American Life and History Panel Fall 2019
• Panel discussion in Charleston, South Carolina, talking about my experiences being a black swimmer.
Big Shoulders, Chicago, Illinois 2016 to present
• This is an annual open water swim meet and volunteer responsibilities included giving swimmers food, water, and handing out medals at the end of the race.
Shadowed Curating Staff at the Nasher Museum in Durham, North Carolina Summer 2016
• Shadowed Trevor Schoonmaker, curatorial staff at the Nasher Museum. Learning more about the many duties that a curator has.
• Member of University of Illinois Chicago swim team 2016- present
• Member of Art history society 2016- present
• Apt in Microsoft office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Knowledgeable in Spanish
• Knowledgeable in Social media, photoshop, and illustrator