OBJECTIVE: To acquire a position in the food technology or processing industry.
• Graduated Arcadia High School, Arcadia, CA 2011-2015
• 3rd Year at California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo
• Food Science Major with a concentration in Advanced Food Science
• Experience in food processing pilot plant – Retort operation, Brix testing, pH testing
• Experience in Biochemistry – Gel electrophoresis and SDS PAGE
• Currently enrolled Food Quality Assurance and Food Chemistry
• Member of Cal Poly Food Science College Bowl Team
• Member of Cal Poly Food Science Club
Barista at Julian’s Café and Bistro
September 2017 – Current
• Managed cash register while accurately handling transactions for customers
• Responsible for prepping coffee and drinks for store opening
• Made drinks while heating up pastries simultaneously and accurately
Tacos to Go Crew Member
October 2016 – June 2017
• Responsible for prepping ingredients and dishes in the morning before store opens
• Managed cash register while providing customer service
• Prepared food items when ordered by customers
Cal Poly Week of Welcome Orientation Leader
March 2016 – September 2016
• Went through three months of extensive training for team leadership and building
• Went through group exercises and was evaluated about communication customer service
• Lead a group of Freshmen and introduced them to all of Cal Poly’s resources
Camp Counselor at Los Angeles Arboretum
Summers 2012 – 2014
• 400+ hours of volunteer work
• Supervised the daily camp activities of young children while teaching them the basics of preserving the environment.
• Responsible for communicating with parents about behavior of the children.
• Responsible for setting up the classroom and cleaning after hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient in Tagalog and French