Michaela Meyer Resume
6007 172nd PL SW • Lynnwood, WA 98037
------------ • ------------
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA 2014 – 2018
B.A. in English Literature and Philosophy
• Honors & Awards: Regents Scholar, Vice President of Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, Phi Sigma Tau Philosophy Honors Society, Dean’s List (Fall 2016), graduated Cum Laude April 2018
• Activities: Project Serve (2014-2015), London International Program (2015-2016, 2017), Mock Trial (2016-2017), Pepperdine Rotaract International (2017), Philosophy Club
Pepperdine Graphic Media August 2017 – April 2018
Assistant Perspectives Editor
• Wrote an article each week addressing current issues relevant to both the campus and society at large.
• Designed and edited the pages of the perspectives section for print each week.
• Wrote a piece for Currents Magazine which won an honorable mention for Best Magazine Column from the California College Media Association.
Global Tides, Malibu, CA November 2017 – April 2018
• Led and advised divisional editors in the publication process of volume 12 of the scholarly journal, from advertising for submissions, reviewing and deciding what papers to publish, to creating the final product.
Global Tides, Malibu, CA January – May 2017
HUTE Divisional Editor
• Led a team of reviewers and editors to prepare humanities papers for publication in the 11th volume of the scholarly journal.
• Made decisions on what papers to publish based on my own assessment and input from reviewers.
• Copyedited the papers and reformatted them to fit within the publication guidelines.
Weekend Student Adventures, Edmonds, WA June – August 2016
• Updated and copyedited the website, fixing errors, rewording for SEO, adding reviews, and making for an overall smoother user experience.
• Marketed and promoted WSA over social media, in person, and by posting advertisements.
• Contacted a multitude of colleges to inform them of WSA’s scholarship opportunities, and followed up with them to confirm that the information was reaching the students and to provide more info about WSA.
• Wrote blog posts for the WSA website, and copyedited and published blog posts written by others.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail, and Calendar
• Some experience with CMS applications and SEO
• Some experience with InDesign and Photoshop
• French (conversational)