Michael Kumaresan Resume
U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance
Skilled scientific researcher with proficiency in applied mathematics seeking experience in engineering. Extensive graduate training in analytical problem solving with 5 years of related teaching experience. Organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated with strong oral and written communications skills.
GRADUATE CENTER OF CUNY (New York, NY – 2012-2018) · Doctor of Philosophy, Mathematics, Awarded May 2018 · Master of Philosophy, Mathematics; Awarded February 2016, GPA: 4.0 · Master of Arts, Mathematics, Awarded September 2014, GPA: 4.0 · Concentrations: Fluid Dynamics, Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis · Tuition Remission and Graduate Fellowship, 2012-Present · Dissertation Fellowship Grant Award Winner, 2016-2017
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON (London, England – 2010-2011)
· Master of Science, Mathematical & Theoretical Physics · Graduated with Merit
THE COOPER UNION (New York, NY – 2006-2010)
· Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering
· Additional Concentrations: Physics and Mathematics Minor · Irwin L. Lynn Memorial Prize for Scholastic Excellence in Mathematics, 2010 · Four-Year Scholar Athlete Award, 2010 · Dean’s List, 2006, 2010 · Full-Tuition Scholarship, 2006-2010
THE MITRE CORPORATION (Aberdeen, MD – 2017-Present)
Analytics & Electrical Engineer
Secure Communications, NetOps and Sensors Department
· Worked for a federally-funded research and development center in support of the U.S. Army.
· Performed modeling and simulation to analyze the time dynamics for network detection problems.
· Developed MATLAB algorithms to compute and predict time required to detect adversary radios.
· Provided technical support to the Army RCO Signal Classification Machine Learning Challenge.
· Assisted in production of data for Challenge using GNU Radio and software defined radios (USRP).
· Co-developed Python software to score Challenge participant submissions and output results.
· Produced signal analysis of field-test PNT recordings using hardware and MATLAB tools.
· Communicated results through presentations and technical documentation.
LECTURER, DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS (New York, NY – 2012-Present) · Created, researched and communicated all course content both orally and in written form.
· Advised and evaluated student performance and progress by designing assignments and projects.
· Responded to inquiries, coached and motivated students through private tutoring sessions.
· Cooper Union; Courses Taught: Differential Equations, Linear Algebra. · City College of New York, CUNY; Courses Taught: Calculus, Mathematics for School Teachers.
· Languages: Fluent in French and conversant in basic Spanish · Software: MATLAB, Python, GNU Radio, LaTeX, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL (pgAdmin III) · Laboratory Skills: Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, SDR (USRP), Averna & LabSat GNSS Systems · Hudson Valley Men’s Tennis Singles and Doubles Conference Champion, 2007-2010
· Hudson Valley Men’s Tennis All Conference Team, 2009-2010 · Cooper Union Varsity Men’s Soccer & Tennis (Captain), 2006-2010
· AP Scholar with Distinction, 2006
analysis, mathematics, electrical, engineer, communication