Michael Fernandes's Resume
Michael M. Fernandes
xxx-xxx-xxxx | 84 Morgan St, Hicksville, New York
xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx/in/Michael~Fernandes
Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts & School of Education
Bachelor of Music in Music Education, May 2020
• GPA 3.86, Dean’s List
• Dean’s Scholarship
• Collegiate member of the National Association for Music Education
• Collegiate member of the New York State School Music Association
SU LCM Youth Identity and Health Leadership Program, Music Teacher September 2018 - Present
• Organized lessons and workshops for 16 mentors and refugee mentees from Syracuse City School District.
• Collaborated with other directors to facilitates conversations around global social issues.
• Educated students on musical performance, improvisation, and vocabulary.
Lutheran Ministries at Syracuse University, Pianist and Sound Recording Engineer September 2017 - Present
• Partnered with a team of musicians to select and perform pieces twice a week.
• Engaged with attendees of the church to encourage collaborative music making.
• Recorded Sunday services for a semiweekly podcast.
Atonement Lutheran Church Ministries, Volunteer Music Educator September 2017 - Present
• Planned weekly lessons and activities for students of all ages within the Syracuse community.
• Partnered with a team of volunteers to provide food and services to attending families.
Private Music Instruction, Private Instructor September 2015 - Present
• Taught 10 students, once a week, on how to perform piano, clarinet, saxophone, and guitar.
• Mentored and encouraged students in their participation of ensembles to promote musical collaboration.
• Coordinated and led recording sessions for students applying for auditions.
Syracuse University Office of Residence Life, Resident Advisor January 2018 - Present
• Educated residents on university policy and resources to establish a safe and involved environment.
• Engaged with a team of 20 staff members to oversee the halls and resolve resident issues.
• Planned and executed programs for hundreds of residents to develop community and social connections.
Syracuse University’s Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), President/Founder January 2018 - Present
• Organized concerts, master classes, and fundraising events to promote music making on campus.
• Authored the constitution to which this organization of 15 members is built upon.
• Led weekly meetings to address updates and project proposals for the organization.
Dunkin’ Donuts, Barista & Shift Leader June 2014 - August 2017
• Trained new employees on how to properly handle money, make food and drink items, and work with a team.
• Managed 6-8 hour shifts for a team of 3-5 employees to promote a positive and efficient environment.
• Reported data to head manager and store owner to ensure the progress of the store’s performance.
Elections for President of Hicksville School Board, Campaign Volunteer November 2017 - Present
• Marketed by handing out 200 hand written letters with other campaign members to increase voter turnout.
• Informed the community members on the issues of the local School Board to create awareness and spark change.
Education: Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Lesson Plan Sequencing, Scaffolding Information
Instruments: Piano, Bb and Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Guitar, Baritone, Trumpet, Trombone, Flute, Cello, Bassoon, French Horn, Double Bass, and Oboe
Languages: Fluent in Portuguese
Music, Education, Teacher, Choir, Instrumental, Instructor