PETER I. NEGRON
FASHION DESIGNER / MENSWEAR
TREND RESEARCH & FORECASTING • LINE & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT • COLOR DIRECTION • ILLUSTRATION & ARTWORK PRESENTATION BOARD ASSEMBLY • TECHNICAL PACKAGES • GARMENT FIT EVALUATION
Accomplished, innovative Fashion Designer with 13+ years of experience and specific expertise in the conceptual development, production oversight and launch of Contemporary clothing lines for Men. Demonstrated ability to quickly interpret client requirements and accurately evaluate current trends and market conditions to create designs that effectively pinpoint target demographics and drive sales revenue. Strong style and color sense with exceptional hand sketching, computer illustration and communication skills. Highly effective team leader with proven ability to deliver multiple design projects on tight, concurrent timelines.
DANIEL HECHTER PARIS, LEAD SENIOR CREATIVE MEN’S COLLECTION DESIGNER
NEW YORK, NY 2016 – 2018
Successful Fall 2017 launch of U.S men's division of global brand Daniel Hechter - Paris sportswear. Collaborating with the Vice President of Sales/Merchandising on development, led research and development of design concepts, color, fabrics, print and graphics of men’s sportswear product within the directive theme by Global Creative of Daniel Hechter Paris.
• Designed plaid, print and stripe layouts for wovens and knits while developing lab dips, washes and trim for all categories.
• Manage and adhere to design calendar and attend all relevant product meetings as required. Daily communication with upper management and overseas factories.
• Travel to Paris and Shanghai for integral meetings for final review of design, fit and future business strategies.
B*WELL INDIGO, HEAD DESIGNER MEN’S DENIM COLLECTION
NEW YORK, NY 2013 – 2015
Working closely with Founder on overseeing all development from design, color, fit, wash through to production for all woven tops and bottoms, denim, cut & sew knits, graphic t-shirts, outerwear and accessories. Trend research performed online, at retail. Maintain communications between Overseas factories and wash houses in HONG KONG and Domestic factories and management in NEW YORK CITY.
DESIGN CONSULTANT: START-UPS/MEN’S DENIM/ OUTERWEAR/ WOVEN TOPS AND BOTTOMS
NEW YORK, NY 2013 – PRESENT
Collaborating closely with Design Directors and Senior Designers through all phases of design process from conception to final prototype production for woven tops and bottoms, denim, cut & sew knits and graphic t-shirts. Trend research performed online, at retail and through magazine publications. Maintain communications between Overseas and Domestic factories and management in NEW YORK CITY.
• Travel to CHINA to review prototypes, washes, fits and discuss improvements w/vendors.
• Develop graphics for T-Shirts while maintaining relationships w/T-Shirt suppliers and printers.
• Attended Wash House classes to increase knowledge in development of different washes for denim and chino pants.
PETER I. NEGRON, page 2 xxx-xxx-xxxx • xxx-xxx-xxxx
Design project highlights include:
• CALVIN KLEIN, New York, NY (2010)
DESIGNER | Cut & Sew Knits and Wovens
Developed as per direction from Senior Designers to design and produce technical packages for fall collection of woven and cut & sew knits. Assembling sketches, fabrics, detail pages and patterns. Completed project (tops, bottoms, jackets, etc.) in one months’ time.
• TOMMY HILFIGER, New York, NY (2010)
DESIGNER | High-End Contemporary Men’s Special Holiday 2010 Sportswear Collection
Partnered with Senior Designers to refine design and design details for 50+-piece new holiday collection of woven, outerwear and cut & sew knits using cotton and cotton blends. Produced five 6’x5’ presentation boards, assembling sketches, fabrics, detail pages and patterns. Completed project (tops, bottoms, jackets, etc.) in one months’ time.
• REWIRE CLOTHING, New York, NY (2009)
DESIGNER | Contemporary Men’s Denim Collection
Collaborated with Design Director to perfect design concepts. Developed design details and specs and executed designs for 15- to 20-piece denim line featuring varied washes and treatments, and 25 different back pocket looks. Delivered project in one-month time frame.
INDEPENDENT COURSEWORK: BDP WASHHOUSE INC. - MEN’S DENIM
NEW YORK, NY 2013
Denim Laundry Wash Development – Hands on study for wet and dry process in denim.
PRIVATE LABEL: MACY’S , MEN’S OUTERWEAR/WOVENS(TOPS/BOTTOMS AND SUIT SEPARATES)DESIGNER
NEW YORK, NY 2011 – 2013
Partnering with Senior Designer and Product Development Team on redesigning and researching current top selling designs along with new trend items and design details found in Europe. Perfecting fit, approving trims and fabric, following up on packages for
speed to market.
• Designed plaid, print and stripe layouts for outerwear, woven tops and bottoms while developing lab dips, washes and trim.
• Completed all technical packages in Illustrator and Photoshop, and coordinated international manufacturing operations in HONG KONG, INDIA, KOREA, TAIWAN, EGYPT, etc.
• Facilitate daily communication between upper management, domestic/overseas offices for sourcing fabric and trim needs. Daily management of Associate Designer in seasonal developments.
• Seasonal set-up of showroom, dress mannequins, create storyboards and presentation of ideas for upcoming seasons to Vice President of Merchandising, Sales and Product teams.
Associate of Arts, Menswear Design & Marketing • Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Proficient with Sketching by Hand and on Mac & PC platforms via Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office Suite), Presentation Board A
Menswear, Denim, Outerwear, Woven, Cut & Sew Knits