Mechanical Engineering Resume
BEN VICTOR FERNANDEZ
------------ | North Hollywood, CA | ------------
Secure an internship position at EDM Services and apply my academic knowledge towards project success in order to expand my experiences in the engineering field and assist in enhancing the company’s success
California State University, Northridge Spring 2020
B.S., Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.59
ABACORP, CNC Mill/Lathe Machinist Level 1 – Chatsworth, California Spring 2019
• Perform routine operation/monitoring of CNC mills and lathes and inspection of parts produced in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine operating procedures and have knowledge of the manufacturing sequences and machining methods required.
• Make thorough inspections (visual and mechanical) of parts as specified by Inspection Plan and/or Blue Print.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Production Engineering Intern – Burbank, CA June 2018 – August 2018
• Gathered datacenter asset information from Windows computers and network storage devices used to populate the industry standard “Rack Tables,” web-based asset management system with the use of a ‘crash cart’ or USB KVM mobile system.
• Used different commands to gather information such as “ping” to verify network connectivity, “netstat” to validate network routing table, and “ipconfig” to gather IP Addresses, network gateways, and Hostnames.
• Created technical documentation on the entire information gathering process described above and provided it to IT Systems Engineers – currently in use as a standard operating procedure.
Crash Analysis Research, CSUN Research and Development October 2018 - Present
Student Research Assistant
• Work under assistant professors and research engineers to understand the methods and literature of crash investigations.
• Find future technology and research methods to enhance safety among the public.
Finite Element Analysis, Bracket Design Challenge Spring 2019
Design Team Member
• Designed a lightweight and optimized bracket on SolidWorks while maintaining given design constraints.
• Utilized SolidWorks Simulation FEA to ensure that the design meets all specific criteria.
ASME Student Design Competition, Soccer Attack Robot September 2017 – November 2018
Attack Team: Student Design Engineer
• Assisted student design engineers to design and program a team of robots to compete against other schools in a modified four-way soccer match in the ASME E-Fest West.
• Earned second place in the ASME E-Fest West Student Design Competition (2018)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Social Media Officer, CSUN May 2018 – Present
• Publish engineering- related topics to develop club awareness and engage students through different social media platforms.
• Collaborate with multiple engineering affiliations such as the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) to ensure club consistency and make connections with other engineering students.
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society, Recognized Member, CSUN March 2018 – Present
• Network with colleagues, discuss academic and leadership opportunities, and attend district conferences.
Hands-On Machining Workshop, CSUN July 2018
• Completed a three - day course to machine a mill stop and gain basic experience with the bandsaw, mill, lathe, and grinder.
SolidWorks (65 hrs), SolidWorks Simulation FEA (10 hrs), MATLAB (20 hrs), VBA (20 hrs), PSPICE (12 hrs), LabVIEW (12 hrs),
RackTables (110 hrs), MS Office
mechanical engineering, internship