Los Angeles, CA, 90038
Permanent Work Authorization. No Visa Sponsorship Required.
• Licensed Mechanical Engineer in Training in California, ID: 20-475-46.
• Creative Mechanical Engineer with one-year experience in CAD Design, Product Development, Thermal Science and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
• Adept in Design, Analysis and Simulation, proficient in CAD (AUTODESK INVENTOR and SOLIDWORKS).
• Solid expertise in CFD (ANSYS CFX and SOLIDWORKS FLUID FLOW SIMULATION) in solving complex problems of heat transfer and thermodynamics through computational modelling, simulation and correlation of theoretical analysis with experimental data.
• Skilled in Finite Element Analysis FEA (ANSYS and ABAQUS) for stress analysis of mechanical parts and structures.
• Proficient in understanding and reviewing engineering data including drawings and manuals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel for load calculations, analysis and data management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, competent in technical writing.
Software and programming languages: Catia (+2 years), Solidworks (+2 years), Autodesk Inventor (6 months), Ansys (2 years), Abaqus (2 years), MS Office (+7 years), MATLAB (3 years), Siemens NX (1 year), Python (2 years), C (1 year).
Languages: English (full professional proficiency), Arabic (native), French (bilingual), German (elementary).
Other : Modeling, Prototyping, Product Design, Testing, Additive Manufacturing, 3d printing, FEM.
Private tutor – Northridge CA, USA April 2020 – Current
Tutor Engineering Analysis using SOLIDWORKS Simulation. Cover fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) through hands-on exercises that cover Static, Frequency, Thermal and Vibration Analysis.
Aeroscraft Corporation – Montebello CA, USA – Mechanical Engineer February 2020 – March 2020
Studied an aerostat aerodynamically. Worked on development of a lighter than air balloon prototype to explore the atmosphere of Venus.
Sound & Bright – Los Angeles CA, USA – Mechanical Design Engineer Intern March 2019 – August 2019
Designed mechanical parts of 4 laser-based ultrasound systems. Also, I was in charge of designing a new Infrared Low Power Laser-based ultrasound system intended for bio-medical applications. I was involved in all stages of the manufacturing process and worked both on the internal Opto-Mechanical design and the packaging design. I improved the systems architecture in order to reduce the cost of manufacturing. I was able to reduce the cost of one product by $3500.
FRIB, Facility for Rare Isotope Beams – East Lansing MI, USA – Assistant Engineer Intern August 2017 – January 2018 Studied the FRIB beam dump from a thermal point of view, this equipment must absorb up to 325 kW of heavy ion beam power. Designed and simulated the FRIB fragment catcher using Solidworks and Ansys, it is a part of the beam dump assembly, its role is to provide a slit function and intercept unwanted fragments, leaving only the fragments of interests to pass through the system. Wrote technical reports of thermal simulation of different cases of beams.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, ISMEP-SUPMECA - Institut supérieur de mécanique de Paris – Paris, France
French graduate Mechanical Engineering School. GPA 15/20 Sept 2016 – Sept 2019
Preparatory Cycle for Engineers, Lycée Moulay Abdellah – Safi, Morocco
2-year intensive program to prepare the competitive exams to enter top French Graduate Sept 2014 – June 2016 Engineering Schools, strong preparation in Mathematics and Physics.
• Application of image processing techniques for the analysis of the vibration behavior of nonlinear systems
The goal of this project was to apply image processing techniques on video sequences of some structures (model of a nonlinear beam, model of airplane wings) to select points of interest such as edges and targets. Their follow-up throughout the video sequence made it possible to identify the properties of the structure and to analyze its vibratory behavior.
• Design, simulation and optimization of a ski Scarver
Worked with four classmates on the design of a ski Scarver with the same architecture as Tessier, the goal of the project was to simulate the shock of the ski with a ground during a jump, then to optimize the structure of the ski to have the Head Injury Criterion (HIC) as low as possible.
• Design and simulation of a bird hazard protection shield for aviation protection
The project goal was to simulate the collision of an aircraft with a bird for different shield shapes, then to find an optimal solution that meets the specifications. Tools used: Catia, Abaqus.
Mechanical, Engineer, Thermal, FEA, CAD, Design, Simulation