Mayur Desai Resume
• Mechanical Engineer professional with detailed experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Manufacturing, Design, Quality, and Injection molding industries.
• Experience includes manufacturing, validation, R&D, and quality control of Medicines, Vaccines, Transmission line tower and tower parts, Mold case circuit breaker (MCCB) Switchgear and Automobile injection molding parts.
• Generated design verification report, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, CAPA, process flow chart, process design sheet and audit trails.
• Extensive experience in validation of laboratory instruments, cleaning validation, Equipment qualification (equipment manufacturing, packaging, and equipment laboratory), utilities & facilities qualification.
• Using AutoCAD & SolidWorks designed and developed fixtures & new products, design changes, equipment, and data analysis to evaluate design capability.
• Experience in SolidWorks, Pro-E; Auto CAD 2D/3D modeling experience, AutoCAD, Minitab, Root cause analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC), process analytics, DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE, Gage R&R and Six Sigma Methodologies.
• Experienced LEAN methodology tools such as 5s, 5 why’s, Kaizen, Kanban, Just-in-time, fishbone diagram, pareto chart, FMEA, project charter, SIPOC etc. for continuous improvement in the project.
Software’s: Solid Works, Fusion 360, Auto CAD, PRO-E, CATIA, ANSYS, CFD
Programmable Tools: Minitab, M.S Office Suite, CNC, MATLAB, ERP, ISO 9000
Areas of Interest: Validation, Manufacturing, Production & Planning, Quality, Design, Injection Molding
Six Sigma Green Belt certification from The Board of Trustee of the Management and Strategy Institute. (May’ 18)
Mechanical Engineer Karamtara Engineering Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, India. (Sept’ 15 - July’ 16)
• Prepared project analyses, including design, load calculation, life cycle cost, and equipment selection.
• Responsible for developing project plans, production floor layout, coordinate, strategies, documents, feedback, maintained and analyzed projects for clients during a monthly meeting presentation.
• Coordinated scheduling and analysis of special projects. Evaluated analysis and recommended additional requirements needed of new, increased, or future loads, or to improved system.
• Created and updated PFMEA's, DFMEA's, Control Plans and Hazard Analysis documentation letter to industry initiative regarding manufacturing and risk management inherit to design and manufacturing.
• Comply with all ISO 9000 and Quality inspections and manufacturing/part tolerances of the finished products as per validation process.
• Monitored and coordinated plant production to meet objectives in quality, safety, cost control, improved process, and efficiencies.
• Established standard operating procedures (SOP's) and work instructions (WI's) to carry out the product inspection and analysis.
Validation Engineer (Internship) Medion Healthcare Pvt Ltd. Mumbai, India (May’ 14 – Aug’14)
• Performed laboratory equipment validation, calibration, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance while a member of the laboratory instrument team.
• Responsible for laboratory instrument/equipment qualification remediation for the Refrigerator, Incubators, ovens, In-Vitro baths equipment’s. Responsible to generate IQ, IQ reports, OQ, OQ reports, PQ and PQ reports, operational procedure, and protocol deviation.
• Developed Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory equipment based on user requirements and functional requirement specification.
• Involved in product development by assisting them in developing problem solving control tools such as process mapping, FMEAs, Process Capability, Gage R&R.
• Executed design qualification for analytical lab equipment’s. Write IOQ verification for new laboratory instruments.
• Provided updates, strategy recommendations, and plans to management, as needed. Coordinated various day-to-day tasks and work with suppliers, vendors, and cross functional groups.
Manufacturing Engineer Evergreen Engineering Company Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, India. (Dec’ 10 - Jul’ 12)
• Managed and coordinated activities of engineering department to design, manufacture, assemble and test products/systems to reduce costs and increased quality, productivity, and efficiencies.
• Using AutoCAD designed brazing fixture for accurate brazing of Support to Header (MCCB Switchgear parts) which resulted in high production rate.
• Conducted Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (FMEA) analysis and developed Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions (CAPA) on product issues, decreased failures and achieving customer satisfaction.
• Provided statistical support & expertise in DOE (Design of Experiments) and analytical problem solving for manufacturing, technical services, and product development.
• Redesigned Fork and Fork pin (Switchgear parts) fixture which resulted in 2.4% of daily defects to almost 0.5% defect that helped in rejection of circuit breaker and reduced the overall cost.
• Developed easily replaceable Crimping Punch which resulted in the reduction of cost and time, easy to handle and reduced the wastage of material.
• Responsible for a data analysis, handling of complete material requirement and providing material on the shop floor as per the requirement and then entering STN (store transfer note) in the ERP system. (Work Report)
Jr. Mechanical Engineer Mutual Industries Ltd. Vasai, India. (Jun’ 09 - Dec’ 09)
• Worked with engineering and manufacturing departments in injection mold designs and new product development.
• Studied specifications of mold parts and part prints to plan and formulated engineering program and organized staff accordingly.
• Managed and coordinated activities of engineering department to design and manufacture processes that meet the customer requirements and achieve the outlined profit margin and timelines.
• Improved workspace at the site by identifying value-added activities to the clients and rearranged the workflow which reduced lead time by 20%. Developed and improved the molding processes to increase yields or reduce costs.
• Assisted in the resolution of project issues, scope changes, and field questions. Ensured project objectives are met and work on the detail fabrication drawings and assembly drawings required for project prototype release.
• Interacted with the Maintenance and Engineering groups to help troubleshoot injection systems, develop preventive maintenance programs, and develop spare parts identification and systems.
• Provided responsible support to the production department Molding and assembly line to ensure quality product manufacturing time.
• Scheduled preliminary maintenance and service checks at regular intervals of run time, resulted in zero machinery breakdown and production stoppage.
• Constantly maintain safety precautions and procedures and maintain a safe and orderly work area.
Master’s in Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL (GPA- 3.46 | May’ 18)
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India (May’ 15)
Key specialized courses: Finite element method, Fluid mechanics, Advanced material, Advance manufacturing, Characterization of materials, Micro & Nano manufacturing, Advance lean six-sigma, Vibration, Advance elasticity, Advance mathematics-II, Strength of material, Design of machines.
Education Key Projects
Food waste management at USF Juniper Dining (Jan’ 18 - May’ 18)
• Reduction in food waste from 16% to approx. 8% by using Winter’s forecasting methods and changing flow analysis with the application of DMAIC. (Presentation)
• Application: Lean Six Sigma field
Casting experimental project on solidification rates over time (Sep’ 17- Dec’ 17)
• Created mold and cast parts and calculated solidification time for three different shapes (i.e. Cylinder, Cube, and Sphere) of the same volume and determine solidification time. (Report)
• Application: Industrial Metal Casting
Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of a Hook. (Jan’17-Apr’ 17)
• Using ANSYS 15 and Solidworks, designed and manufactured a hook that is small, lightweight, durable, user-friendly, and weighing up to 25lbf successfully without any yield, brake, and fall. (Report)
• Application: Additive Manufacturing, 3D Printing
Published a research paper on “SKYSCRAPER CLEANER” is a Mechanical robot powered by a combination of Programmable logic control (PLC) and motors and linkages with most of cleaning done automatically in IJSRD. (Publish Link) (IJSRD - ‘15)
AutoCAD, Solidworks, Six Sigma