Maxwell Steele Resume
Maxwell J Steele
1471 Diamond Head Circle, Decatur, GA, 30033
Phone:------------ Email: ------------
Vimeo Page ------------
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA May 2019
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Mass Media
Honors College Certification, Magna Cum Laude GPA 3.8
FILM AND MEDIA SKILLS
• Proficient in Adobe After Effects and Premiere
• Basic understanding of the software Audition, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Familiar with Adobe Bridge
• Edited videos and content for The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce, SAFT Industries, South Georgia Pecan, and FAST Valdosta
• Directed, wrote, produced, edited seven highly-regarded short films: Awake, Self Defense, Cereal Depression, Landmine, The Prisoner Session
o Received Best in Show Award for Blood and Iron and See You Soon
• Skilled in the use of video and audio equipment Canon 60D, 70D, 80D, Sony A7 iii, Nikon D3200, Zoom H4N Pro, TASCAM DR-60Dmkll
• Lead fight/stunt choreographer for student films. Responsibilities included analyzing the practicality and safety of all parties involved when filming fight scenes
• Relaying both technical and creative information/direction on film sets to individuals of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds.
• Organized shooting schedules and shot sheets for filming days in advance and adapting said schedule when problems arose.
• Renaming and assembling video and audio files in a standardized manner.
• Writing up personal workout plans with a definitive goal in mind then sticking to those plans.
Motion Wave Productions, Intern, Valdosta GA, March 2019-Present
Valdosta State Student Union, Event Technician, Valdosta GA, February 2017-May 2019
The Martial Arts Center Volunteer Instructor, Tucker, GA 2015-Present
The Pro Cleaners, Cashier, Decatur GA, May 2016-July 2016
Intown Ace Hardware, Garden Specialist, Decatur GA, February 2015-July 2015
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
Voted Top Production Student in Valdosta State Mass Media Department, Valdosta, GA
Volunteer, South Georgia Film Festival, Valdosta, GA
Cross Country Team, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA
First Place Overall Communication Arts and Elementary Education VSU Undergraduate Research Symposium
Public Speaker and Master of Ceremony, Lakeside High School, Decatur, GA
Videographer, Video Editing, Social Media, Fight Choreography, Media, Mass Media