A Conservationist of Many Trades
Tallahassee, FL 32304
I have spent most of the past seven years providing health care and customer service as a massage therapist. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry from FSU with graduate study in Environmental Science. I have ample experience in Environmental Science from graduate school in addition to customer service in Massage Therapy, Teaching and Healthcare. I also have ample experience as a Lab Technician with my science background.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
J STERLING'S SPA
November 2019 to July 2020
• Continuing with up selling Rapid Tension Relief and Bio freeze treatment.
• Started up selling new enhancements such as CBD oil, Hot Stone Massage and Himalayan Salt. • Selling retail products for skin care
• Customer support oriented sales
May 2010 to March 2020
• Holistic Health Practitioner having provided yoga instruction and massage therapy.
• Travelled the state performing business visits in various cities, based in the Orlando area.
Quality Control Technician
Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC - Auburndale, FL March 2011 to March 2011
to March 2011
• Sampling products to ensure bacterial concentration below threshold. Sometimes the line needed to be stopped when that was not the case to determine why.
Public Speaking Teacher
2008 to December 2008
Independently taught the fundamentals of Public Speaking to two classrooms totaling 35 students. These classes were ancillary to the lecture hall.
July 2005 to January 2007
• Qualified on multiple instruments and assisted with Alzheimerʼs Disease research.
• Managed the MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry instrument in addition to qualifying the personnel and surrounding research community.
March 2005 to June 2005
Drosophila Melanogaster genomic research using phenotypic expression.
EYE ASSOC - Tallahassee, FL July 2004 to February 2005
• Thorough patient history was provided for the doctors.
• Various tests were performed including IOP (intraocular pressure) and Refractometry for eyeglasses prescriptions.
Technical school in Massage Therapy
Cortiva Institute-Florida - Maitland, FL June 2012 to February 2013
Master's in Environmental Science, coursework toward degree
FSU - Tallahassee, FL
August 2007 to September 2009
Bachelor's in Biochemistry, Cum Laude
F.S.U. - Tallahassee, FL August 2001 to May 2004
High school diploma in AP classes, Summa Cum Laude
Fort Walton Beach High School - Fort Walton Beach, FL August 1997 to June 2001
• Laboratory Experience
• Ophthalmology Experience
• Physiology Knowledge
• Public Speaking
• Hospital Experience
• Microsoft Excel
• Supervising Experience
• Microsoft Word
• Medical Terminology
• High-Performance Liquid Chromatography • Tutoring
• Anatomy Knowledge
• Gas Chromatography
• Quality Control
• Research & Development
• Medical Records
• Time Management
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Massage Therapy License
Teamwork: Interpersonal Skills — Proficient
Resolving disputes, solving team problems, and understanding nonverbal cues. Full results: Proficient
Work Style: Reliability — Expert
Tendency to be dependable and come to work. Full results: Expert
Work Style: Conscientiousness — Familiar
Tendency to be well-organized, rule-abiding, and hard-working. Full results: Familiar
Patient-Focused Care — Familiar
Addressing concerns and using sensitivity when responding to needs and feelings of patients. Full results: Familiar
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.