Result-oriented City College of New York student pursuing a Bachelor of Humanities in International Studies and Black Studies with 2.5+ years of work experience. Organized, reliable and proficient in Microsoft Office Software. Articulate communicator and hardworking team player with excellent planning and problem-solving abilities.
• Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Team collaboration
• Scheduling and calendar management
• Transcribing correspondence
• Professional and mature
• Document editing
• Spreadsheet development
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish
• Community outreach
Hispanic Aids Forum| Bronx, NY 02/2014 - 06/2015
Community Outreach Intern
In charge of educating others on access to medical care, services and other available resources for Latinos affected by chronic illnesses. Along with fostering increased awareness and knowledge of chronic illnesses in Latino communities.
• Identify the particular health care needs of individuals in a community or target area.
• Contact clients in person, by phone, or in writing to ensure they have completed required or recommended actions.
• Distribute flyers, brochures, or other informational or educational documents to inform members of a targeted community.
Good Shepherd: Creston Campus | Bronx, NY 03/2012 - 06/2013
After School Program Staff
Monitor student activity while assisting the primary teacher with the responsibility of student care. Including helping students with homework, art projects or other endeavors.
• Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
• Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
Project Eats | Bronx, NY 09/2012 - 06/2015
A neighborhood-based project that using art, urban agriculture, partnerships, and social enterprise to sustainable produce and equitable distribute essential resources within and between communities.
• Organized volunteer schedules and assignments to maximize efficiency and program effectiveness.
• Kept facilities organized, clean and well-maintained to best meet program needs.
• Presented talks at community groups to promote organizational missions and programs.
• Communicated needs and issues to appropriate supervisors in a timely fashion.
City College of New York | New York, NY Expected completion on 12/2020
Bachelor of Humanities and Arts in International Studies & Black Studies
Stella And Charles Guttman Community College | New York, NY Completed on 12/2017
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences