Mary Farrell Resume
MARY K. FARRELL
Queens University of Charlotte, Knight School of Communications
Aug. 2015-Jan. 2019
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism & Digital Media
- Preyer Honors Program
- Lambda Pi Eta, Communications Honor Society
- GPA 3.87/3.9
- Study Abroad: Guatemala Mission Trip, March 2018; Literary London Through Lens, London, England, December 2018-January 2019
- Relevant Coursework: Photojournalism, Fundamentals of New Media Design, Multimedia Writing & Reporting, Introduction to Communications, Digital Media Production, Advanced Digital Media Production, Audio Production, Social Media & Audience, Communication & American Popular Culture
Her Campus Media Remote
Contributing Writer October 2018-Present
- Contributes two unique pitches each month for the After College section.
- Submits one article each month for editing and publishing.
Study Breaks Magazine Remote
Writing Intern October 2018-January 2019
- Submitted one new article to be edited and published each week.
- Submitted three unique and interesting pitches to the editor each week.
- Participated in one-on-one meetings with an editor every five weeks.
- Participated in weekly group editing sessions with an editor.
Bouvier Kelly - Marketing, Digital, & Public Relations Greensboro, NC
Content Intern May-July 2018
- Wrote six blog posts for publication on the Bouvier Kelly website.
- Researched content for eight blog posts.
- Attended both internal marketing department meetings and company wide meetings.
- Contributed copy to two client projects.
- Wrote copy for three email newsletters.
TEA at Queens Charlotte, NC
Vice President Fall 2016-2018
- Helped organize and plan the first annual “Celebrating Women’s Brunch.” Photographed the event.
- Helped coordinate monthly events by reserving rooms and catering.
Room in the Inn Charlotte, NC
Leadership Team Spring 2015-2017
- Helped organize each “sponsor” night and volunteered several nights.
- Connected with the homeless population in Charlotte.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Beginner Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Editing, Copywriting, Topic Research, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Social Media
journalism, digital media, social media