• 2020 Member of I73 Writers Group at Page73 Theatre
• 2018-19 Many Voices Playwriting Fellow - The Playwrights' Center
• 2019-2022 Core Writer - The Playwrights' Center
• Published playwright through Samuel French.
• 2016 National Finalist Kennedy Center American College Theatre Conference – 10-minute play.
• Recipient Herberger Institute of Design and the Arts Fellowship – 2014/15
• Two-time winner of Theater Masters’ National MFA Playwright Festival.
BA Linguistics (English). University of Nevada, Reno. May, 2008.
BA Spanish Language and Literature. University of Nevada, Reno. May, 2008
MFA Dramatic Writing. Arizona State University. May, 2017.
Strategic Communications & Relationships Coordinator
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties - St. Paul, MN
May 2019 to Present
• Development and donor relations
• Development communications, case statements, print and email solicitations,
• Database administration: Raisers' Edge NXT, Luminate Online
• Web administration: Firespring
• Agency-wide marketing and communications strategy and creation
Community Foundation of Western Nevada - Reno, NV
October 2017 to July 2018
• Work with CEO, CAO, and outside consultant to conceive, strategize, and launch the Campaign for Our Community, a $10 million campaign to create an endowed fund.
Created a specific database of 500 prospective donors for the campaign and managed our Salesforce database.
• Wrote campaign Case Statement and wrote, edited, and designed marketing and
development communications materials for the Campaign for Our Community.
• Liaison to Campaign Cabinet, organized meetings and events, donor research and
prospecting, grant writing, created dashboards and reports to track Campaign progress.
Copywriter + Editor
ASU Foundation for A New American University - Tempe, AZ
November 2014 to August 2017
• Wrote and edited strategic and marketing communications for fundraising and development in both web and print.
• Conceived, investigated, and wrote stories for our magazine, Impact.
• Helped develop communications strategy and messaging for ASU’s university-wide capital campaign, Campaign ASU 2020.
THP 160 – Introduction to Playwriting
FMP 260 - Introduction to Screenwriting
THE 421 - Shakespeare for the Stage and Film Arizona State University School of Film, Dance and Theatre - Tempe, AZ 2014 Fall Semester to Present
• Developed curriculum and syllabus teaching the elements playwriting and dramatic writing.
• Emphasis on play development through 10-minute and one-act plays and the rewriting process. Emphasis on dramaturgical script analysis through guided peer review and watching and reading new works in American theatre.
• Taught fundamentals of dramatic writing and visual story-telling for film and television • Taught screenplay formatting.
• Analyzed screenwriting through script and film critique.
•Strong command of written language for web, print, journalism, academia, and creative writing.
•Published playwright, poet, fiction-writer, journalist, and translator.
•7+ years journalistic experience.
•5+ years copy writing + editing experience for non-profit, higher ed, marketing, and development.
•6 years teaching dramatic writing for film and theatre in higher ed.
•Strong command of theatre and performance related arts, as a playwright, director, dramaturg, deviser, and performer.
•Spanish fluency (verbal + written).
•Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
•2 years Salesforce and Raiser's Edge database experience.
•20+ years visual arts experience (painting + illustration).