Marketing Management Student with Three Years of Hired Social Media Experience
Catherine “Cate” Ann Casparius 25 Burr Farms Rd
Westport, Ct. 06880 ------------ - @catecasparius on Instagram
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Pamplin School of Business, Blacksburg, VA, Class of 2023
● Major: Marketing Management
● GPA: 3.3; Fall of 2019
● Coursework: Business in Technology, Business analytics, Calculus, Accounting, International Business
Staples High School, Westport, CT, Class of 2019
● Principal’s Honor Roll / Honor Roll (all semesters 2015-2019)
● Scholar Athlete Award, Staples High School, 2018-2019
● Coursework: AP Calculus, AP European History, Advanced Journalism, AP Environmental Science
VT PRISM, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA (2019 – present)
PRISM is an interdisciplinary marketing agency led by faculty and run by the next generation of creatives, strategists, analysts, and marketing mavens at Virginia Tech. We work with real world clients to push the boundaries of their digital marketing landscape in order to develop innovative solutions for each client.
● Content creator on the Pamplin School of Business account 2019 – present
● Responsibilities include finding content for the social media accounts, planning and posting the content to all accounts, planning social
media campaigns and working with the rest of the team and client.
Inklings Student Newspaper, Staples High School, 2015 - 2019
Inklings is a student run newspaper and online news platform through the high school course “Advanced Journalism” set to target the town of Westport, CT and surrounding towns in Fairfield County.
● PR Director (Leadership position) 2017 - 2019
● PR Director responsibilities included: creating and managing six social media platforms to inform the student body of Staples High
School and Westport community about events happening around town (@inklingsnews and @humansofstaples on Instagram, the
Inklings News page and Humans of Staples page on Facebook, the @inklingsnews Twitter, and the @inklings.news Snapchat). *Inklings Student Newspaper has won prestigious awards such as the Gold medal from Columbia Scholastic Press Association and being named All-American newspaper in 2017-2018
Cate Bakes, Westport, CT, 2018-2019
Cate Bakes, @cate.bakes on Instagram, is a home run baking business that bakes and sells a wide variety of delicacies that can be custom or traditionally made. Pop up bakes sales were also set up in collaboration with stores and other small businesses in the area. I am the sole owner and baker of Cate Bakes.
● Collaborations : Athleta Westport, Allison Daniel Designs, White Island Jewelry and Groove LLC BAKED, Tribeca, NY, 2018
Baked is an American bakery located in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Tokyo.
● Intern Baker and Decorator
● Responsibilities included commuting 2 times a week into Tribeca for a 9am-3pm shift, baking and decorating cakes, and assisting the
head baker for six weeks in the summer. Nouveau Nutrition, Westport, CT, 2019
Nouveau Nutrition provides nutrition services and guidance to children and adults through camps, one-on-one consultants and more.
● Graphic Designer Intern & Advertiser
● Responsibilities included: Creating fliers, researching diet trends and nutrition topics, creating infographics, creating and hanging up
different fliers all over Fairfield County, running social media accounts (@nouveau_nutrition on Instagram and the Nouveau Nutrition page on Facebook), marketing branding skills and creating events and advertising for those events. Hours were from 10am-3pm on weekdays.
The Dugout, Westport, CT, 2017 Waitress
● Responsibilities included: waiting on tables, cleaning dishes and tables, working the register and phone, and assisting in making dishes. Hours were from 7am-12pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Arezzo, Westport, CT, 2019 Waitress
● Responsibilities included: waiting on tables, cleaning dishes and tables and working the register. Hours varied from full shifts of 11 am-10:30pm on a few week nights and 4pm-11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Elvira Mae’s, Westport, CT, 2019
Ice Cream Server
● Responsibilities included: running their social media and promoting their name throughout town, serving ice cream and other food/drinks through a window, working the cash register and cleaning dishes and counters. Hours were from 7:30 am-10 pm three days a week and 4pm - 9:30pm 5 nights a week.
Xtreme Cheer, Norwalk CT, 2017 - 2018 ● Allstar cheer : Ignite Team
Staples High School Varsity Cheerleading Team, Westport CT, 2017-2019 Builders Beyond Borders, Mission Trip Volunteer & Fundraiser 2 016, 2017, 2019
● 2019 - Los Lotes, Guatemala : assisted with building homes for citizens who lost their houses and family in the devastating 2018 Fuego volcano eruption.
● 2017 - Via Japon, Nicaragua: assisted with building a school for underprivileged children.
● 2016 -El Tambo, Ecuador: assisted in building the foundation of a large medical center.
*For each trip, I am responsible for raising $3,000 on my own to support the funding for my tools and supplies and have completed 12+ hours of local service with the organization.
Local service includes: assembling 500+ food baskets for Al’s Angels; gardening and general maintenance at Earthplace.
Cate.Bakes #PurpleForThePlanet Fundraiser,Westport, CT, 2019
Through Cate.Bakes I put on a fundraiser at my house with a whole host of fun events to raise money for the
Rainforest Trust’s Conservation Act to save species and land in the Amazon Rainforest. The event was open to anyone in the area and together we brought in over $1000 to donate towards the organization.
Social media account created for the event:@cate.bakes_pftp