Mark Payne CV
MARK DAVID PAYNE
Suite 208 511 56th Ave SW Calgary, Alberta T2V 0G6 E-mail: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Phone Number:xxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx/in/Mark Payne
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS
***SALES LEADER***HEAD COACH***PRODUCT REPRESENTATIVE***
• Sales Professional, Coaching Leader & Key Product Ambassador
• Results-oriented, top performing Sales and Operations Professional with 7 years of experience delivering results in Consumer Channels. Customer Satisfaction targets throughout career from both an individual and team perspective.
• Reputation for executing excellence with the creativity, drive, and leadership acumen to conceptualize and orchestrate both small & large scale sales/operational projects to achieve extraordinary results.
• Proven success in the strategic planning and execution of regional and national sales and marketing strategies in consumer channels and addressing poor performance through gap initiatives.
• Key areas of expertise: executing with excellence, relationship building, planning and execution of business strategic and tactical plans; training, developing and inspiring teams, financial analysis and budgeting to ensure optimal ROI; goal setting, analyzing key performance indicators; constantly streamlining sales and operational initiatives to achieve continuous improvements.
• Experienced in hiring, training, developing and coaching successful teams and fostering business relationships with key stakeholders throughout an organization to achieve/exceed performance metrics.
Collective Café Business Owner (Current)
• We Match Coffee Equipment and Coffee Brands with accounts via xxx-xxx-xxxx
• Social Media Advertising Platform including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
• Ships coffee directly to accounts via online ordering system using local distribution services.
• Markets White Buffalo & Spirit Bear Coffee to the Western Canadian coffee market with the support of DSL Equipment, Curtis brewers and Franke equipment. Focus is to grow the brand in Independent gas bars and convenience stores across British Columbia.
• Key Relationships include Bee Maid Honey, Teck Mines and several other First Nations accounts.
• Recently setup a temporary location at the Telus International Christmas Market at Spruce Meadows in Calgary where we sold Naked Sage Teas, Rooftop Roasters, Roasti Coffee and Heritage Coffee in whole bean formats.
Grand and Toy Coffee & Breakroom Product Specialist- Western Canada (2016-2018)
• Worked from the Grand and Toy Calgary Head Office I managed the coffee and breakroom department for Western Canada. The territory covered Victoria to Thunder Bay and involved pitching several single serve and thermal coffee options to the Canadian office coffee market.
• Managed business development and outside account management teams as well as cold calling business to gain market share in the office coffee sector.
Mill Street Brewery Retail Sales Representative (2015)
• Managed over 650 retail accounts as well as several On Premise suppliers in Calgary.
• Major account relationships with distributors including CO-OP, Liquor Depot, Crowfoot Liquor, Sobeys, Willow Park Wines and several independent chains across Alberta including Solo & Olympia Liquor.
• Launched 100th Meridian our new Organic Amber Ale. Also developed in store display kits and executed 16 major festivals throughout the calendar year. Focus on brand awareness as well as seasonal product launches.
• Grew total sales by 18% in Alberta market until the company was acquired by Labatt Breweries
Canterbury Coffee Territory Manager (2014)
• Specializing in gourmet coffee services to cafés, hotels and restaurants across Calgary. As Territory manager of North Calgary I focused on acquiring new business accounts.
• Key brands; Spirit Bear Coffee, Signature blends, Torani syrups, Dr. Smoothie, Two Leaves and a Bud and Paisley Teas.
• Sold a variety of BUNN Coffee Equipment and Rancillio espresso equipment.
• Launched One Coffee the first biodegradable K-Cup.
GMCR-Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Business Development Representative (2011 – 2013)
• As Business Development Representative I serviced South Calgary, Banff, Cochrane, Canmore, Banff and Lethbridge.
• Created 220 new accounts from proposal to close in an effort to build Van Houtte Coffee Service reach in the Alberta market.
• Worked with our partners; GMCR Coffee Roasters, Timothy's Coffee and Keurig we continue to grow as Calgary's largest master roaster providing office beverage services.
• Van Houtte Coffee Services is a fully integrated coffee company that supports equipment, installation and delivery services for the City of Calgary. GMCR (Green Mountain Coffee) has developed a strong relationship with Keurig, Van Houtte and Timothy’s Coffee to develop partnerships with business and offices in the Southern Alberta markets.
• Term of Employment was based on meeting monthly and quarterly sales targets.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Marketing Certificate, Business Administration (2001-2003)
Lethbridge College Broadcast Journalism Program (2003 – 2005)
Digital/Linear Television Editing, Camera Operations, Floor Directing, Script Writing
Radio Operations, Adobe Photoshop
- Editorial Assistant Internship
(January 2005 – April 2005) Prepared highlights packs that aired nightly on Sportscentre.
PERSONAL INTRESTS AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
• Travel, Golf, Downhill Skiing, Hockey, Softball, Sports Writing & Cooking
• National Sports Development (2008 – 2011)
• Coached a variety of minor hockey teams in Southern Alberta over the past 20 years in Lethbridge & Calgary.
Head Coach Calgary Buffaloes-Calgary Midget “AA” Blackhawks
-Head Coach 2009-2011 season
-Assistant Coach 2008-09 season
-Named to AA Council All-Star Team in 2009 & 2010
*Won All-Star Game (6-3)
***2009 Pittsburgh Keystone Cup Champions (4-0) ***2009 Montreal Canadian Cup Champions (3-0-1) ***2011 Chicago Cup Champions (3-1-0)
Regular Season Coaching Record (47 wins-17 losses-11 ties)
Special Olympics Floor Hockey Official (2014-Present)