Maria Isabel Lazo
Mobile No. xxx-xxx-xxxx
Facebook: Together in Art/ Maria Isabel Lazo
• City of Hollywood, 2600 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood-FL, Full Time (2000-2018)
-Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department,
ArtsPark at Young Circle Gallery (Present Position) Administrative Assistant I
Duties in present position: Responsible of coordination, scheduling and organizing art exhibits in ArtsPark at Young Circle Gallery. Works with artist to plan art exhibition and reception. Provide assistance to clients who visit the gallery. Liaison between the Arts Selection Committee, Young Circle Advisory Board and the City of Hollywood. Greeting, directing and informing visitors, prospect artists, and vendors of the ArtsPark on-going activities and appropriate information. Review and process internal purchase orders, compare logs and evaluations statements for accuracy, maintain procurement files and logs updated, payroll entry for several divisions of PRCA. Assist with general clerical support to the ArtsPark Program Manager who oversees all ArtsPark activities.
Retired on 4/30/2018
- Design & Construction Management Department, Administrative Secretary
Duties: Process reports, bid documents and agreements, payments to vendors of awarded constructor, preparing excel sheets of follow-up of various important deadlines of project. Review organization of blue prints. Administrative assistance to Project Manager and team in charge of construction of Fire Stations in Hollywood.
- Building & Engineering Services Division, Secretary-Receptionist (Entry Position)
Duties: Greet and provide customer service to citizens and permit runners who visit the Building & Engineering, answering phone calls regarding complaints and other concerns, general secretarial support to the City Engineer.
• DMAC Designs, Inc., Part-time (2006 – Present)
Duties: Contacting wholesale art customers, scheduling appointments and coordination of art shows and sales for artist Darwin Morales as well as own art. Art gallery sales consultant
• The Great Frame Up, Hollywood- FL, Part-time (2002- 2015)
Duties: Assists owner in an as needed basis with customer frame service and sales of wall art; opening, and closing of the store.
• Stu-Art Supplies Company, Baldwin-New York, Full time (1990-2000)
Duties: Customer frame service. Frame and Art sales. Ordering supplies and frames.
Reason for leaving: Moved to Florida.
• Gala Centro de Arte (Gala Center of Art), Guayaquil-Ecuador (1983-1999)
Duties: Gallery founders Liaison between the artist and group or individual with whom the artists will deal with during their art exhibition, media interviews, customers, hotel arrangements.
Coordination of exhibits and sales of national and international Latin American artists on first floor of gallery. Coordination and sales of permanent showing of own acrylic paintings and Darwin Morales Art on second floor of gallery.
Reason for leaving: Moved to USA due to daughter’s medical emergency.
• Bilingual: English-Spanish
• College: LAICA UNIVERSITY OF GUAYAQUIL, Guayaquil- Ecuador
Four Semesters of Architecture & Art History Studies
• Technical School: Fashion Designs, Four Semesters, Guayaquil-Ecuador
• Technical High School: LA INMACULADA CONCEPCION, Guayaquil – Ecuador
Graduation year 1979
HS Diploma and Diploma of Bachelor Accountant
• Elementary School: The Immaculate Conception School of Long Island, Astoria, New York
Junior High School Diploma (1975)
MEMBERSHIPS & LICENSE:
• Life, Health & Variable Annuity Insurance License No. P232782, Active
• American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers, Former Member
• Ecuadorian-American Club (Ecua-Club), Special Events Volunteer, Active
• Marine Environmental Center (Nova University) of Carpenter House, Hollywood Beach-FL, Active
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Works, Gems Financial, Speed-O-Mat, Point of Sales (Framing POS) , Human Resources Manager.
• Excellent Customer Services skills.
• Visual Artist (Mix media, acrylic art)
• Sales experience.
• Art Instructor experience.
• Administrative and financial experience.
• Gallery installation and exhibition organizer