Margot Somers Resume
The Syracuse Crunch, American Hockey League - Syracuse, NY
Media and Public Relations Intern, September 2017- February 2018
• Brainstormed creative online content to engage fans and promote sponsors.
• Managed professional social media accounts on game-day to create dynamic fan experience.
• Wrote concise and informative press releases in a timely fashion.
Marshall Street Records - Syracuse, NY
Web Designer and Social Media Manager, August 2017- May 2018
• Managed social media accounts to promote the label and its artists while establishing their fan bases.
• Made critical design changes to the existing website and other frequent updates.
• Wrote informative and engaging press releases to promote artists’ events.
The Tab Syracuse - Syracuse, NY
• Launched the online student publication on Syracuse University’s campus.
• Led a team of student writers to produce original and creative content.
• Established and maintained a strong social media presence, quickly accumulating over 3,000 followers.
Syracuse University - Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Science, Communication and Rhetorical Studies, May 2018
• Minor in Information Management and Technology
• Cumulative GPA: 3.5
• Relevant courses: Public Advocacy, Social Media and the Election, Small Group Communication, Persuasion, Web Design, & Project Management
First Year Student Peer Advising
Syracuse University Sailing Team
The Alpha Chapter of Alpha Phi Fraternity
Panhellenic Council Rho Gamma (Recruitment Counselor)
Server, The Union League of Philadelphia
Dean’s List: Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018
The National Society of Leadership and Success: Initiated 2017
White Denison Public Speaking Contest: Nominated Participant, Spring 2015
HTML & CSS
Photoshop & InDesign
communications, public, relations, marketing, social media