Marcus W. Robinson Resume
Marcus Warner Robinson
3261 Gossett Court, Waldorf, MD 20603 ∙ xxx-xxx-xxxx ∙ xxx-xxx-xxxx
Master of Science, Human Resource Management
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD, May 2019
Bachelor of Science, Business Management Information Systems
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, December 2014
Knowledge of personnel policy and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, and benefits entitlements.
Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, MS Project and Visio.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepares reports.
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external staff.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust, Secret, or Top Secret clearance.
Ability to lead projects and tasks to completion.
Excellent customer service skills.
Charles County Public Schools, La Plata, MD
May 2015 – Present
Technology Facilitator, August 2017 – Present
• Maintain an organized computer lab environment that is conducive to learning.
• Support students through classroom visits, one-on-one support, and information via training resources such as the online library, teaching tips from existing archives, and other sources.
• Assists students and staff with basic interpretation of technology policies and procedures.
• Assists staff with understanding the instructional uses of software, learning new software, and setting up and implementing instructional activities in the computer lab.
• Participate in scheduled trainings to share, learn, and develop integration activities.
• Troubleshoots and maintains computer hardware.
• Provide engaging and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
• Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
• Respond to student questions on a timely basis.
• Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services.
Substitute Teacher, May 2015 – August 2017
• Planned and implemented daily lesson plans for students left by the classroom teacher.
• Uses verbal and written skills to communicate with the students and faculty on a daily basis.
• Maintained learning environment, and practiced effective classroom management techniques.
• Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
• Perform manual data entry pertaining to teacher and students.
• Resolves disputes between students.
Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC
November 2016 – December 2016
Office Automation Student Trainee
• Answered telephones providing customer service support.
• Delivered and retrieved incoming mail.
• Served as a front office receptionist.
• Responded to various emails and administrative duties.
• Tested soil for research purposes.
• Setup optical wiring for network servers.
AmeriHealth, Washington, DC
June 2014 – August 2014
Networking Operations Summer Intern
• Created and developed multiple workflow charts and graphs using Microsoft Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Created provider records and uploaded them to the network.
• Helped create and develop an updated version of the Medical Management Directory in Microsoft Word.
• Attended meetings that triangulated the location/position of individuals who may have been going through drug abuse or alcoholism problems and inform them about possible solutions such as homeless shelters or drug rehabilitation centers in the DC metropolitan area.
• Field visit to hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinics, and shelters to ensure proper procedures, practices, and equipment were being utilized and implemented.
• Verified insurance information for certain individuals/patients.
HomeGoods, Waldorf, MD
June 2011 – August 2011
• Assisted and provided customers with great customer service.
• Received incoming shipments of goods and distributed them throughout the department.
• Priced incoming merchandise.
General Services Administration, Washington, DC
June 2010 – August 2010
Office Automation Clerk Summer Internship
• Scanned documents and files for the Contracting Officer’s Representative courses.
• Updated contact information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Organized and input data from Targeted Asset Reviews (TAR) reports into database.
• Responded to customer’s inquiries about Targeted Assets available for purchase.
• Attended meetings to discuss future departmental issues.
Norfolk State University, Norfolk VA
September 2009 – May 2010
Student Assistant (Work-Study)
• Managed the front desk for the Engineering Department.
• Used Microsoft Suite to generate correspondence, reports, and presentation as needed by staff.
• Maintained and updated filing system.
• Received, sort, and delivered incoming mail.
• Provided polite and professional assistance via phone.
• Assisted visiting professors, staff, and students.
• Assisted students with course selections.
Hard working, Focused, Driven, Team player, accountable, responsible