940 Franklin Terrace, Apt. 206
Minneapolis, MN, 55406
E D U C A T I O N
Concordia University - St. Paul
St. Paul, MN
B.A. English – Creative Writing (May 2020)
Awards: magna cum laude, Sword Award for Excellence in Journalism, Dean's List (2016-2018)
Extracurricular Activities: Sigma Tau Delta (ΣΤΔ)
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY - SAINT PAUL, Minneapolis, MN
Marketing Copywriter Intern, Jan 2020 – May 2020
• Developed compelling content about campus events, notable students and faculty, and more.
• Collaborated with other interns and staff to gather useful information for marketing purposes.
• Created student testimonials by synthesizing content from interviews into articles for the website.
Writing Center Tutor, Sep 2017 – March 2020
• Worked closely with college students, helping to develop writing skills in one-on-one sessions.
• Updated student and session records and complete daily reports detailing all tutoring activities.
THE SWORD NEWSPAPER - CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Saint Paul, MN
Editor in Chief, Aug 2019 – May 2020
• Supervised and coordinate work of 20 or more writers and four section editors.
• Read, evaluate, and edit materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
• Spearheaded the production and distribution of six issues of the paper per year.
Arts & Variety Section Editor, Sep 2017 – Aug 2019
• Developed 10-12 article ideas per issue, considering reader or audience appeal.
• Assigned articles to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
• Read drafts to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax, providing feedback to writers.
A D D I T I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
FUN CITY DOGS, Minneapolis, MN Dog Handler, May 2019 – Dec 2019
• Single-handedly facilitated play for groups of up to 40 dogs of all sizes, ages, and temperaments.
• Ensured the safety and well-being of dogs, moving them to other groups as necessary.
• Assisted with tasks such as meal preparations, dog walking, and deep cleaning the pens.
BEST WESTERN REGENCY PLAZA HOTEL, Oakdale, MN Housekeeper, Jun 2018 – Aug 2018
• Inspected guests’ rooms to ensure that they’re adequately stocked, clean, and comfortable.
• Cleaned and replenished linens, toiletries, and towels for up to 15 rooms per day, helping other housekeepers as necessary.