Looking to serve during gap year
An enthusiastic individual who loves people and works well with others. Physically fit with experience in the outdoors. Able to keep a level head in high-pressure situations. Always keeping an open mind and ready for the next adventure.
GED from Harrisonburg High School 2019
- 4.2 GPA, in 11th percentile
- Graduated with an advanced diploma and received honors of excellence in music (2018, 2019)
Completed two semesters at the University of Vermont (2019-2020)
- Made deans list
- Studying philosophy and environmental studies
• 12/2019 - 02/2020 Massanutten Resort Harrisonburg, VA
- Ski Rental Shop Attendant
- Became proficient in fitting/adjusting skis and snowboards
- Delivered exceptional service by greeting customers, taking orders, fitting boots, and adjusting
- Previously worked as junior snowboard instructor at same resor
• 06/2017 - 08/2019 City of Harrisonburg Harrisonburg, VA
- Worked year-round at indoor/outdoor municipal pool.
- Maintained strong proficiency in CPR, First Aid, and Red Cross lifeguarding skills and rescue techniques
to provide optimal support to individuals in distress.
- High level of customer service by resolving issues quickly and with courteous demeanor.
- Identified emergency situations, including potential drownings and entered water and retrieved victim
within a minute.
• 04/2020 - Current: Blue Ridge Food Bank/Hope Distributed Harrisonburg, VA
- helping with packing and distributing food for those in need during COVID-19
- First Aid/CPR
- Certified Red Cross Lifeguard
Hiking, Music, Fitness, Snowboarding, Camping, Traveling, Skateboarding, Lacrosse